십사 • Busan

Chapter 14

"unexpected neighbour"

Y/N's POV

"Busan?" I was alarmed.

"Yes my dear, we're going to Busan." My sister confirmed.

"Wait, what? We are?" I blurted out, almost panicking.

"Can I have some time to think through? — Since the trip hasn't been planned yet." I bargained.

The sudden occasion got my emotions riled up. – I was excited but reluctant and shocked.

"I thought you wouldn't agree to it until I force you to come along. It's the only way I could think of." She said. "I'm sorry", her eyes softened.

Understanding her, I shook my head towards her as an affirmation that it's okay and tried to calm myself for whatever is coming.

I was practically dumbfounded and indecisive if I wanted to go or ditched the plan on going Busan– the city I've avoided for my own goodness.

My sister walked into her bedroom and returned back to me shortly after, and handed out a strip of paper.

It was the express train ticket to Busan.

I took the ticket in my hand and looked at her with confusion.

What? How? Since when? I mouthed those questions but no sound was coming out.

Noticing my facial expression, Mina told me that she had already planned and prepared for this surprise trip.

"Y/N, you can't always avoid and run away from your problems." Her words caught me off guard as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I hope this trip will somehow wash away the grieve you have in the city."

I wasn't mad at her for not addressing to me earlier, because I understand why she did that when I refused to ever return to Busan.

The first ever thought I had in mind as a teenager without parents was to leave Busan in the hope that I could restart a new life.

Living in Busan wouldn't help considering that almost every place I went to, had a memory of our parents.

Neglecting the places I've always loved to go to had a grip to my heart.

Going to those places would break me bit by bit, knowing that life wasn't the same anymore without the two pillars I had in life.

I was close to being insane and didn't know how to control my own pity life.

Now that the only standing pillar of my life was Mina, I looked up to her and loved her so dearly. I still do.

I knew her intentions were good and out of love, which made me understand her side of story.

The least I could do was to return a favour for her after all the back breaking jobs she had committed to for the both of us.

I sighed. "Okay, let's hope for the best out of this and get our stuff ready." I agreed while peering towards her, not trying to hurt her in the slightest bit.