2|7|(Con)Fusion Of Feelings

Previously:

There was silence for some time as the EXO members glanced amongst each other, probably wondering if they should reveal who it was. 

"It was me."

Presently:

I was shocked. I didn't think, of all the people, the one to fall for me would be...

"Ji-hyo?" I said weakly. "You– you liked me?"

"Like," Ji-hyo corrected me, a sad smile on her face. "You probably don't remember me, but I was in college with you. I was a scholarship kid so I never fit in, but I have liked you ever since."

"College?" I whispered. I was blushing heavily because the idea of someone liking me for so long seemed too good to be true. 

"I know the idea of another girl liking you might repulse you but I thought it's time I tell you how I feel," Ji-hyo's heartbroken face made my own heart clench. I didn't want to make her sad, but I can't date her either...

"It doesn't repulse me," I said to her, reciprocating her sad smile. I stepped forward and Jungkook was forced to let my shoulders go. "I'm bisexual, but the problem is that I already have someone in mind. I'm so sorry! If only you had approached me back in college, perhaps things would be different now..."

"Perhaps," Ji-hyo inched closer too. I gave her big hug and patted her back. "Could we atleast be friends?"

"Why not?" I smiled widely at her. "When Exotan can happen, the other gang members should be friendly too! Plus you're a really nice person and I would regret not getting to know you."

"Thank you," she said, stepping back. I simply nodded. It was then I realised that the others were silently watching us.

"That's some sad k-drama shit," Baekhyun had fake tears in his eyes. I rolled my eyes at that but my smile gave me away.

"Anyway we gotta go!" 

●◐○

"Guys, I want to talk to (y/n) alone," Jungkook said the moment we entered our headquarters at Seoul (we had traveled all the way from Daegu to Seoul). The others simply either nodded, or smirked before disappearing into the kitchen, leaving the two of us alone. "You know how to make things hard for me, don't you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. He sighed then looked up with a certain look in his eyes that I couldn't place.

"I have to worry about girls stealing you too?" His words made me gasp internally. Was this, was he... "To be honest, these past 3 months have been crazy. I have never fallen for anybody, and you scared me."

I scared him? I stared at him in wonder. He was blushing and looking extremely shy and adorable– so unlike his normal apathetic assassin mask.

"I liked things about you and around you and your presence made me smile. At the most random moments I would get reminded of you and I would get jealous if you were close to other men. Now I gotta be wary of women too! But when I asked Jin-hyung what it all meant, he told me that I am falling for you."

His eyes searched my crimson face and my heart beat turned faster and faster at each new line. Was it just me or was he inching closer and closer?

"I've never fallen in love," he confessed. "The idea scared me, because I felt I was going weak. The emotional fluctuations that occured around you made me be cold and uncaring at times and these past few days without you have made me realise how much I like your presence.

"Without you around, I couldn't be happy. I couldn't smile even once. I couldn't stop thinking about you and worrying about what condition you must be in. What I'm saying is, I think I really really like you. And I know you said you hold someone in your heart but let's just say that Ji-hyo-ssi inspired me to confess. I don't wanna lose you to someone else but I'm sure this someone must be from our gang so–"

"It's you," I said weakly, feeling overwhelmed with all he said. "I never thought I would fall for you but really, I have never felt more for anybody else. I really really like you too."

"Y- You mean it?" Jungkook looked flushed. He was just a foot away now. "So, does that mean you'll be my g- girlfriend?"

"Only if you be my boyfriend."

We were so close now, there was just an inch between us and then even that inch wasn't there. He pressed his forehead down upon mine and we just stared at each other for a few seconds. His lips sent warm breath upon my own plump ones and for a horrifying second I worried if I smelled– I hadn't bathed in days nor had I brushed.

I immediately pushed him away and he looked hurt and confused. I blushed, completely embarassed about the whole situation.

"I, um, I haven't bathed or brushed my teeth in days," I admitted. "So, I'll, um, quickly clean up and then we can, we can, uh, continue."

With that, I ran all the way up but I heard him laughing to himself as I left the room and ran into all the others who were hiding behind the door, eavesdropping on us. They snickered (excluding Namjoon, Yoongi and Jin) and I just ran up to my bedroom.

I grabbed myself a change of clothes and locked myself in my bathroom. As I turned on the tap and watched the tub fill up, I couldn't help thinking,

Way to go (y/n), make a fool of yourself in front of the guy you like when he comes to kiss you!

But really, it wasn't my fault that he chose this time to initiate a kiss!! Some scuffling outside made me aware of a presence in my bedroom.

"(Y/n)?" It was Jungkook. "I'm waiting outside for you, so take your time! I wanna talk with you."

I made a noise of agreement before dipping into the tub, hoping it will drown before I make a complete clown of myself.

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
3rd August 2020
03/08/2020