1|8|Favoured People

1|8|Favoured People

Previously:

I giggled at his last statement and Ji-soo chuckled with me too. Jin had a small knowing smile on his face that made me queasy. 

Does he know?

Presently:

A week or so had passed to that incident, and I found myself looking for Jungkook whenever the others gathered, and when he was there, I wished to talk with him– about what, I had no idea because I had no clue what we could even talk about, seeing as to how we are so different.

Jungkook disappeared on the third night and I learnt from Jin that he had an assassination to do. The idea that he was out there killing people made my stomach clench, but my mind argued that it was his job.

"I hope you do know what you have entered," Jin said to me on the fourth day after Jungkook had left. I was sitting on my chair in front of the island in the kitchen, watching Jin work his way around dinner. 

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion, placing my right knee upon my left and my elbow on my right knee, my chin placed on the flat palm of my hand. 

"I know you were an elementary school teacher," Jin paused in his sentence to flip the contents of the pan in a very professional way before continuing, "and that you are very innocent and probably hate blood and killing and stuff, but you have to know that you have to get used to it."

"I do know," I said heavily, cracking a small sad smile.

"The only reason you haven't seen the worst of it is because Ji-soo pleaded Hoseok to convince the others that you shouldn't see us in our post-murder state," Jin shook his head. I was wondering why that had happened and without asking, I had got the answer. "The others admitted that it is hard and there have been a slip or two, but I'm afraid I have to tell you that this can't go on forever."

"No, of course not," I agreed. I let my hands fall limp against my sides, and my feet unraveled for a minute before I spoke again. "You don't have to do this anymore. I have had enough time, and I think that I'm ready. I can't kill or draw blood, but my mind has accepted long ago that that's how you all live. I don't believe that anyone has the right to take another's life when they aren't the one who have given it to them, but this is your livelihood and I have to accept it if I am to live with you all."

Jin nodded appreciatively at my words and encouraged me silently to continue speaking.

"It's okay if you behave like you always do," I said. "I am the guest here and I shouldn't make you all uncomfortable by forcing you to bend your ways for me. I won't object to any graphic scenes of violence as long as none of you are hurt."

"Oh (y/n)!" Jin smiled warmly, mollifying me. "You are not a guest here! You are a part of the Bangtan family now!"

"Really?" I was overwhelmed at that. It had been a long time since I had been a part of a family and this was a really good family to be a part of– if not the greatest. "Thank you for saying that Jin, you don't know how much it means to me–"

"Jungkook?!" Jin's alarmed tone as he stared behind me made me whip around and I was shocked to see Jungkook standing a few feet behind me, blood splattered on his jaw and black clothes. His right hand was tightly clutching the left one and my heart stopped when I realised that he had been shot. "I'll get the medicine kit, (y/n) take him to the dining table!"

I immediately stood up and walked (read: ran) over to Jungkook who swayed on the spot and I grabbed him by the shoulders. He stared at me with his half-lidded dark eyes that seemed to appraise me but I ignored it and tried to gently lead him over to the dining table. He co-operated and sat down on my chair since it was the closest and at that very second, Jin came back with the medicine kit.

"(Y/n), can you go and fetch Yoongi and Hoseok?" Jin gave me a pointed look and I realised he wanted me to go so that I don't watch him treat Jungkook. I nodded quickly and left the dining room to go up the stairs that lead to the first floor.

I found Yoongi in his room and told him that Jungkook was hurt and Jin had called for him. Upon hearing that, Yoongi immediately left and I went to Hoseok's room. He wasn't there so I tried searching for Ji-soo because she might know his whereabouts but I couldn't find her either.

I walked back downstairs and slowly entered the dining room to find Jin rapidly jabbering to Yoongi while bandaging Jungkook's arm but Yoongi seemed to understand what he was saying because he was nodding along. Jin had removed Jungkook's shirt and I could see a long old scar, from a dagger by the looks of it, on his right collarbone. His well-defined abs could be seen along with his toned biceps but I had eyes only for his left arm which Jin finished bandaging.

I neared them and I saw Jungkook glance at me once before looking away. Jin noticed my presence and looked at me questioningly.

"I couldn't find Hoseok," I told him. Jin's eyebrows furrowed but he nodded.

"Yoongi, come with me." With that, the two of them left the room and it was just Jungkook and I. I sat down on his chair, the one beside mine, on which he was sitting and he gulped before looking at me.

"Does it hurt a lot?" I asked out of curiosity. I had never had a gun shot at me and it was probably a bit insensitive to ask such a question but he didn't seem to mind it.

"Not really, I have faced worse," he shrugged. Then, not helping himself, he blurted out, "You must be thinking I'm really weak."

"Weak? No, not at all," I was surprised at his words. He seemed surprised at my words so I continued, "I don't know what happened but I'm sure you gave a strong fight. I know you're really strong but mistakes and accidents can happen to anyone and you're no exception."

He didn't speak and I took his silence as an indication to fall silent myself. My eyes strayed to his arm again. Suddenly, my right hand went up to the bandaged part of his upper arm and I stopped myself in time to give him a glance to ask his permission. He nodded. I gently touched the surrounding areas with the tips of my fingers, tracing light circles around the wound which had left a small red circle on the clean white bandage.

"I thought you weren't supposed to see our post-murder state?" Jungkook asked quietly. "But you seem bothered in a way too. Were you worried?"

"Let's just say that I favour you," I gave him a small smile and he gave me one in return, making my insides warm and fluttery. 

If what I'm feeling is what I think it is... then I'm in deep trouble.

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
29th June 2020
29/06/2020