2|2|Jealousy Is The Key

"But that's not even your real name, is it?" He laughed but it was humourless and empty; it held a slight accusation and disappointment.

"No," I admitted, looking down at my feet in shame, "My real name is (l/n) (y/n)."

"(Y/n)-ssi, hm?" He paused for a second and I took it to speak up.

"I'm really sorry," I tried to convey my apology through my eyes. He raised an eyebrow. "You were so nice to me, and believe me when I say that if I wasn't a part of this world and had met you, I would really love to give you a chance."

"I did want it then," he smiled ruefully. "But I should've known better than to trust a stranger. Still, I forgave you back then because I could see how sincerely sorry you were in your eyes when you apologised."

"Thank you," I gave him a small bow to express my gratitude. "But how come you are here?"

"Well the interrogation was smooth," he shrugged. "Clean business, since it was a misunderstanding created due to our new guy. They were understanding, let us go away and we kept our deal."

"So Bangtan and Got7 are in a deal too?" I asked, my head tilted in confusion. He looked surprised at my words.

"Didn't you know? I thought you did," he said, amused. "Oh well. Would you like to give me a chance now?"

"I'm really–" before I could apologize again, he raised his right hand and I stopped because he was smiling sadly yet with an air of having expected it.

"It's okay, I didn't expect you to," he shrugged.

"Um, ma'am, your drink?" The waiter's voice made me jump but I quickly grabbed my glass and thanked him. I downed it and felt that Yoongi was right; it was really tasty. 

"Which one's that?" Youngjae asked me, pointing at my now empty glass.

"The non-alcoholic one," I said with a smile. He ordered the same then turned back to face me. "Why didn't you expect me to?"

"In this business, nobody stays," he shrugged again. "It's nothing new if people come and go. Plus you're a part of Bangtan, surely your commanding officers must have warned you against getting too friendly with the members of other gangs?"

Before I could respond in any way, a cold but familiar voice came from my left.

"We seem to have forgotten," Jungkook's voice was icy cold, and it made shivers run down my spine. "Our mistake. Well, how come you aren't with your friends?"

"I was going to leave soon anyway," Youngjae replied smoothly, indifferent to the tone with which Jungkook spoke. He walked ahead a few steps and Jungkook immediately stood where he stood moments before. Youngjae paused and turned around, smiling at me before saying, "You are probably the most beautiful girl in this entire room right now."

And without waiting for my response, he turned around and walked away, leaving me a blushing mess and Jungkook a fuming one. 

"Why were you chatting him up?" He asked angrily and I felt attacked and offended.

"I wasn't 'chatting him up'," I said, not disguising how affronted I felt. "We were simply talking and if I can't do that you should have said so at the very start."

"I'm sorry," Jungkook said after a few seconds of silence. His seemed tired and that made my momentary anger melt. 

"It's okay," I attempted a smile at him.

"...ah, there he is!" Hoseok's voice made us both look around to find him walking towards us, two men right behind me. Both were incredibly handsome and walked with an air of confidence and haughtiness. "Jungkook-ah, meet Chanyeol-ssi and Jongin-ssi, they wanted..."

I didn't wait to hear what they wanted and decided to walk away since I wasn't needed in the conversation. As I passed the two men behind Hoseok, I felt one of them glance at me but he quickly looked back at Jungkook and I brushed it off my mind. 

I was bored out of mind a few minutes later; I couldn't see any of the Bangtan members around and a few men were now eyeing me hungrily under the effect of alcoholic drinks. I decided to go out of the room.

The hallways were now deserted and dark because everyone was in the party room; but it was better like that. I slipped off my heels and tucked them in my fingers as I walked. The floor was a bit slippery because I was moving in my stockings but I took careful steps to avoid falling down. 

I reached the end of the hallway which had a door beside the life-sized portrait of Namjoon with his hands tucked in his suit's pockets and giving an intense gaze. I turned the handle and it made a low creak before opening. I found myself in a balcony that overlooked what looked like a forest. 

The air there was really fresh and I walked ahead to lean against the intricately designed marble railings. The cold air whipped at my face and I felt peaceful and calm, like nothing could go wrong.

I probably jinxed it with the thought because the next second, a hand grabbed the back of my head and slammed it against the railings. 

My knees buckled and my hands gave away, making my heels drop; one fell off the balcony and the other tethered on the edge. I felt pain wash over me in large waves, especially around my forehead which now felt like it was burning but something wet and liquid-like was crawling down it to the side of my face at the same time.

I felt dizzy and it was a bit hard to breathe normally. My head felt heavy and large black and purple spots covered my sight before I fell back and felt two arms wrap around my shoulders and waist.

The last thing I remembered hearing was a low, unfamiliar voice murmuring, "We got her."

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
15th July 2020
15/07/2020