1|7|Undeniably There

Previously:

"Yeah, sure..." my voice trailed off as I saw him leave from the door as soon as I stepped away from it. 

What was all this about?

Presently:

"...it was weird," I finished with a shrug as I told Ji-soo what happened with Jungkook the other day. Ji-soo seemed to be deep thinking for a minute before she finally spoke.

"What do you think of Jungkook?" She asked. I blinked as I thought of him.

"He's... nice?" I put it out as a question rather than a statement. "Actually no, I think he's bipolar–"

"No, do you like him?" Ji-soo cut straight to the chase. I blinked once again but this time, I smiled.

"Well, I guess yeah," I said, shrugging. "I like everyone, but I might be having a crush on him."

"Oof, a crush, you say?" Ji-soo dramatically placed her hand over her heart. I rolled my eyes at her ‘acting’. "You won't even know when it will turn to love."

"Yeah, yeah, we'll see over that when the time comes," I waved her off before I smiled again. "Actually‌, I think it might be near..."

"That would have been nice if he wasn't such a pain in the neck," Ji-soo pointed out. "You definitely deserve better."

I gave out a hollowed laugh upon her last statement before speaking, "At my current position, I think I might end up all alone for life; this has definitely gone past deserving."

"What do you see in him anyway?" Ji-soo questioned quietly as she pulled up her knees to her chin and wrapped her arms around them. We were once again sitting on my bed and discussing our daily problems and issues. 

I realised I never really tried to find out what I liked in him. I set out to think about it and update her at the same time as well.

"Well, for one, he's... mysterious," I said, thinking deeply, "It makes him more attractive, because I love to know more about a person and I still don't know much about him. And he's sometimes really nice to me and I like that. As a bonus, he's good looking. Oh, and he has a heavenly voice."

"Woah," Ji-soo's eyes were wide as she held up her right hand to stop me. "You really do have a crush on him. Like, I can tell by the look in your eyes. I've known you for years and I know when you really like someone."

"Ahhh..." I blushed as she just said it out bluntly. "Yah, keep your voice low, what if someone hears us?"

"Okay, okay," Ji-soo let me off and lowered her voice a very tiny bit. "Your feelings are there."

"Duh," I mumbled lowly to myself. I let myself fall back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. "But what about him? He is so confusing. Like, some times, I feel like he hates me and other times it feels like he doesn't. I tell you, he might be bipolar or something."

"As much as I have heard from Hoseok, he's not bipolar," Ji-soo said with a laugh. "Maybe he's just assessing you. Suspicion is in their blood, you can't blame them. And it may be that he doesn't know how to behave around you because they haven't had much contact with girls other than for their work."

"Hm...." I let out a small hum of agreement. "Only time will tell. Anyway, I'm hungry. You wanna come?"

Ji-soo nodded and we both went downstairs to the kitchen. When we entered, we saw Jin and Jungkook talking about something but they paused when they saw us. I gave them a nice smile as I walked over to the fridge.

"Do we have some cake?" I asked as I opened the fridge and bent down to check for the cake in the lower parts of the fridge. 

"There was a chocolate pastry but Taehyung ate it," Jin said from behind me. I pouted and straightened up before shutting it close. "There's some strawberry ice-cream though."

The pout left my face immediately and with a grin I quickly took out the small box of ice-cream and placed it on my seat. Ji-soo had grabbed two spoons and moved her chair so that she was on one end of the table, beside me. We both dug in with happiness and it was only after my third swallow that I looked up to find Jin and Jungkook talking with their eyes frantically.

"Is there some problem?" I asked quickly. "We can go up so you can talk about work. We don't mind, right Jisoo?"

Ji-soo nodded as she realised the atmosphere. Jin hesitated but Jungkook piped up before he could say anything.

"No, it's okay, you can stay, it's nothing important," he said with a smile as fake as his words. He stood up and I mumbled underneath my breath so only Ji-soo could hear, "Didn't seem so unimportant."

Ji-soo shook her head with a smile. Jungkook pulled out his gun and said to Jin, "I'll go now. I think Namjoon-hyung might be giving me some new job and it doesn't hurt to be early."

With that, he left the room, leaving Ji-soo, me and Jin in a silent awkwardness. Jin started to open the cabinets and check the ingredients so Ji-soo and I went back to our ice-cream. 

"Jin-oppa, can you tell me something?" I asked him a minute later. He raised an eyebrow to tell me to continue while he diced the potatoes. "Has Jungkook-ah ever had a girlfriend?"

Both Jin and Ji-soo stared at me like I had grown horns. I raised an eyebrow.

"What? I just wanted to know if he's awkward around girls or if it's something about me because some times, I feel like he doesn't want me here," I pulled out a half-truth for Jin to believe and Ji-soo didn't need anything of the sort anyway.

"Oh, no, don't worry, it's not that he doesn't want you here," Jin said in a reassuring tone and he pushed the diced potatoes to the bowl to smash. "He's never had a girlfriend and he's awkward around all girls if left with them for too long. If it's work, you won't believe how good of a charmer he is, but leave him with a girl for a few days more than necessary and he acts a bit crazy."

I giggled at his last statement and Ji-soo chuckled with me too. Jin had a small knowing smile on his face that made me queasy. 

Does he know?

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
29th June 2020
29/06/2020