1|6|Too Close For Comfort

Previously:

"I'm sorry," I truly meant it and just as he was about to speak/scream, I swooped down and shut him up with a kiss. I held on as long as I could before letting go so that I could breathe; when I looked at him, he was already unconscious.

I swallowed thickly as I removed the tranquilizer from his neck and capped it again, not being able to look at him. I didn't like this.

Presently:

As I stared at him in dismay, a cold, steely voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Are you done?"

My head whipped upwards to see Jungkook stepping inside the bathroom, flexing his left hand as he pulled on his watch from the right hand. His eyes seemed to be trained somewhere down so I glanced down to find my thighs exposed and Youngjae flat on the bathroom floor.

"I-," I didn't know what to reply but Jungkook just shot me a very pissed off glare that shut me up instantly. He grabbed Youngjae's shoulder before picking him up in a bridal position. 

He walked out of the bathroom and I quickly fixed my dress, grabbed my purse and followed him outside and down the staircase.

"If anyone asks, he hit his forehead on the basin," Jungkook muttered lowly, but I caught it just barely. I hummed in response as I followed him outside the bar and the burly man eyed us both as we stepped out with a knocked out Youngjae.

Jungkook nodded at him and said quietly, "So drunk, hit himself in the head."

I didn't say another word as I watched Jungkook open the car and place Youngjae in the backseat. He went and sat in the driver's seat before giving me another glare.

"What are you waiting for?" He snarled. "Get in!"

I jumped before seating myself shotgun. He started the car and drove us back to Bangtan after we saw Jimin come out with Jackson. The drive there was silent once again, but for once, I was kinda glad it was. Somehow, I felt like today was not a day to prod Jungkook.

I was confused as to why he was acting like this to me, but I knew better than to ask. I looked at Youngjae from the rear-view mirror.

Youngjae had been very sweet and nice to me, more sweeter than any guy I have ever met. Even when he had the chance, he did not lust after me, but just took care. If I wasn't working for Bangtan, I would have definitely fallen for him.

But as I sat there next to Jungkook, it felt wrong. It felt wrong to think of Youngjae like that because for some reason, my mind kept going back to the dark and mysterious man that confused me.

I could never figure out why my heart chose the hard way, the more difficult person to deal with, but I knew it had made a choice. Perhaps it was a bit too early to say that I loved him, but I definitely knew I was crushing on Jungkook.

As soon as we reached the mansion, Youngjae was taken away by a few gang members. I got out of the car and was about to go inside, when someone grabbed my wrist. My heart jumped into my throat as I saw Jungkook drag me all the way inside to my bedroom; no one saw us and for the first time since I came here, I felt scared.

Did I do something wrong? Had I somehow failed the mission? But my goal was to tranquilize the target and bring him here, which I did!

When we reached my room, Jungkook pulled me inside and rammed me against the door so hard, it shut close and I could feel the vibrations in my body. I heard the 'click!' of its locking and fear pooled in my stomach.

His eyes were dark and angry as he trapped me in between his arms that were placed beside both my ears. He leaned down so close that I could count the eyelashes on his eye, but the fear inside me instead made me look at his eyes.

I had never been so close to a man before, but I felt warmth in my stomach and suddenly, I couldn't breathe as well as I normally did.

Jungkook seemed to realise my fear because suddenly, he stepped back a little; but he did not remove his hands.

"I thought I made it clear that you have to tranquilize him before he does anything to you?" Jungkook demanded. "Then why did you kiss him?"

"Well, I thought he was about to scream and I didn't know how to shut him up," I said truthfully, but confused. Is that the reason why he was so angry? "Why does it matter?"

At my question, Jungkook's furrowed eyebrows relaxed as he looked at himself strangely; almost as if he had no clue why he did all this. I placed my hand on his arm and looked at him concernedly.

"Jungkook-ah, are you okay?" I asked carefully, nibbling on my lower lip; a habit of mine that I did subconsciously. "Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry if I did–"

"Stop that!" Jungkook said sharply as he looked at my lips. I jumped in alarm, as I realised that I was biting my lip. I stopped immediately and pursed them in worry. 

"Is something wrong?" I persisted in asking. Jungkook looked a bit scared and confused at the moment. "Jungkook-ah?"

"Wait, say that again?" Jungkook said suddenly. I got confused.

"Say what? Is something wrong?" I asked him in bemusement. He shook his head as he looked at me like I was a snail that talked to him for the first time in his life or something.

"No, my name," he said. This made me more confused but I complied with his strange request.

"Jungkook-ah?" I said carefully. His eyes widened at that and I observed him. He coughed and removed his hands immediately, backing away, not looking me in the eye.

"Sorry for all.... this," he finished lamely, but I couldn't care less. I was more worried about the fact that he wasn't acting normally. "I don't know what happened... Maybe I just need rest."

"Yeah," I agreed. "Please inform Jin-oppa so that he can give you any necessary medicine."

"Yeah, maybe it's time that I talked to him about... this," Jungkook grinned; and I wondered once again, is he bipolar? "Thanks for that. Sorry once again."

"Yeah, sure..." my voice trailed off as I saw him leave from the door as soon as I stepped away from it. 

What was all this about?

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
22nd June 2020
22/06/2020