0|3|Regretting Life Decisions

Previously:

"I never said that," she said quietly. I sat up straight.

"Wait, you don't want to leave the job?"

Presently:

"It's just," she bit her lip. "It pays well, and I don't really mind it all, y'know? It was awkward at first, but now I'm pretty... used to it."

"I'm waiting," I said, clicking my tongue. "We both know that's not the only reason."

She blushed. She knew there was no hiding from me. We were both really good at knowing when the other was hiding something. Even with the best acting.

"There's a guy, isn't there?" I asked bluntly. She squeaked, hiding her face behind her pillow. "Spill the beans, girl."

"Okay," she mumbled from behind the pillow, showing me only her eyes. "He's, he's from the mafia. He came a few times and for the past three times he requested me. And I, I know we're not supposed to have feelings for our customers but I can't help it. He's so nice!"

"Uh-huh," I smiled as I saw her gaze at the ceiling dreamily.

"He also gives a good time and he's overall very considerate and optimistic," she said. "I just, I really like him, (y/n)."

"Does he like you?" I asked cautiously. She pressed her lips in such a way that it looked like she was thinking hard. Which she was.

"I mean, I think," she said. "I mean, I try not to think that way, because he could most probably be looking for a good fuck or something... But I think he likes me atleast. Maybe not love me, but he's always sweet to me. Definitely not the type you see in mafia often. Surprises me every single time."

"Do you love him?" I asked, trying to gauge out as much as I can because I had never met this man before. She bit her lower lip, a habit we both shared since childhood.

"I think," she said. "Love is a strong word. But then again, it might be some time before I can say that firmly."

"That's alright," I assured her. "What's his name?"

"He said his name is Jung Hoseok," she said excitedly. "But he's known as Hobi of Bangtan."

"Wait, what?!" I shrieked. "Did you just say B- Bangtan?"

Bangtan Boys were these notoriously famous mafia gang who had risen up in ranks quite quickly. Which was the scariest part of it.

"Yeah," she said cautiously. "Why?"

"Ji-soo! Don't you know?" I nearly yelled. "Bangtan Boys?! The famous mafia gang? Shit, you are- you are in danger!"

"(Y/n), (y/n) calm down!" She held my forearms to keep me steady and from not freaking out. "I'm okay. Nothing's going to happen to me."

"Ji-soo, you, you don't get it," I said desperately. "Your life is in danger. I don't want anything to happen to you!"

"I know, (y/n)," she said with a warm smile that contrasted our condition. I shivered, my hands rubbing each other as I tried to calm down. "(Y/n), Hoseok told me that he won't let me get involved into the gang's problems and swore on them. Please trust me."

"Ji-soo, I trust you, but I don't trust them," I said to her, trying to get her to understand. "I haven't met 'Hoseok'. I don't know how he is and I haven't made my evaluation of his character. Ji-soo..."

"Then meet him," she said simply. I raised an eyebrow, freezing at those words.

"What?!"

"Meet him," she said. "Come with me today to my workplace."

"To- to where?" I asked her, squeaking almost.

"To Magic Shop, the bar I work at?" She asked in a duh tone. I gulped. "Seriously, the people there don't try to eat you, it's okay. They're nice."

"Uh, um, okay," I managed to squeeze out some words. "But only because I am worried about you, okay?"

"Uh-huh," she smiled at me. "C'mon, we gotta go find you a nice dress for tonight."

●◐○

"Doesn't blue work?" I whined. She shook her head.

"No, no, no," she said over and over again. "Red is the best."

"Red attracts attention," I said to her with a serious look.

"Exactly."

"-why I don't want to wear it!" I continued from her word. She grimaced.

"Will you please wear the red dress already?" She asked. "For me?"

"Ugh," I grumbled as I folded the blue one. "The things I do for you... You owe me one."

"Sure," she said cheerfully as she started laying down the make-up kits. "Dress up, girl, we are going to turn you into fabulous tonight!"

"Er, you do know that I am only going to see this Hoseok, right?" I said to her. "Not because I want to bag myself a guy or something?"

"It will be good if you do," she said.

"I don't need one right now," I insisted.

"Hey, I don't want you to end up alone," she said.

"Well, I won't be," I joked. "I have you, don't I?"

"Not gonna be your wife," she said, still not looking at me as she kept the tools in their places. "I'm Hoseok's wife."

"Hmph," I pouted and looked away as I pulled over the red dress. Once I was done, Ji-soo pulled me to the front of the mirror and made me sit down.

"You wanna go caked bitch or natural goddess?" She asked as she popped her fingers. I gave her a 'duh' kind of look. "Natural it is."

"Ow, careful there."

"I am careful."

"Wait, are you making them-"

"Wavy from the top half and curly at the bottom. Suits you well."

"Okay, can I look now?" I asked her. Somewhere in the middle, she had put a blindfold on me. I felt her hands untie the knot. I opened my eyes as soon as the fold fell down. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"So? What do you think?" She asked hopefully. I stood up and twirled in my place.

"Beautiful," I said, amazed by the girl in the mirror. "Wow."

"You are beautiful," she agreed. "I just helped you bring it out."

"Thanks, Ji-soo," I said with a smile. "You're really amazing, you know that, right?"

"Uh-huh," she said with a smirk. "Now let's go and rock tonight!"

Suddenly, I had some big regrets.

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
18th May 2020
18/05/2020