The Few Moments Of Euphoria

SEOKJIN FOCUS

He stared blankly ahead as his mind drained out Namjoon's concerned voice and replaced it with the deep and dark muttering of Taehyung.

"And you just need to open your eyes,"

His voice lingering in Seokjin's mind, muting all the other thoughts and concerns that flooded it.

The few moments of euphoria where Taehyung's soft lips pressed themselves against his own kept replaying, a blush rising to Seokjin's face once more.

Namjoon chuckled internally at the sight of Seokjin flustered, not realizing he was NOT the cause and instead his little brother was.

"Seokjin...?" Namjoon asked, louder this time.

"Oh!" Seokjin jumped, recalling the conversation him and Namjoon were previously having, attempting to pick up right where they left off.

"It's not your fault... I just didn't get enough sleep," and surprisingly, that wasn't a lie.

All he could think about was the warm sensation he felt everywhere after the "kiss".

It technically didn't count since it was merely the fondle of Taehyung's lips against his own for shorter than 3 seconds.

But after the heartbreaking claim Taehyung made, Seokjin felt a sour feeling along with his embarrassment and bliss whenever thinking about the kiss.

Why is it always me...?

Why can't I ever get a happy ending?

Or even a happy beginning?

Thoughts of Seokjin's troubling yet memorable past arose in his mind and his eyes went dark.

Not even a happy middle...?

He was hesitant with any of his personal wishes, knowing his life was so unfortunate, nothing would work his way.

While Seokjin was wallowing in his own sorrow, Namjoon gently shook Seokjin's hands - which were still in his own - to regain his lost attention.

"Did you hear anything I said?" He laughed, negating the negative air and replacing it with a carefree one.

Like he usually does...

"W-what'd you say...?"

"I said get some sleep right now before our next classes while I do your grading and paperwork for you."

"No, no, Namjoon, absolutely not. You already do so much for me." Seokjin said, refraining from yawning.

Eyelids drooping as he spoke, words slurring as he sat back down, Namjoon could tell he was tired.

But instead, kept quiet at the stubborn Seokjin.

"Ok fine. I guess I'll leave you to your paperwork. You probably feel crowded with two people in this small cramped office. So I'll lea-"

"No... Stay."

Namjoon's heart skipped a beat at the cute way Seokjin sleepily tugged onto his sleeve, his cheeks still pressed against his desk, puffs of air escaping his lips.

Seokjin, on the other hand, was not nearly as happy as Namjoon was.

Though he wasn't necessarily fond of the fact that he was leading Namjoon on in a way, he didn't want to be alone.

His heart was clenching at the thought of Taehyung selfishly revealing how he simply wanted to kiss for fun.

And his heart ached at the thought that Seokjin wasn't nearly as important as this boy he spoke so fondly of.

He was desperate.

For attention.

And anything even remotely close to love.

~

TAEHYUNG FOCUS

There it sat, in all its pride and glory, the sun-filled picture of two tanned little boys hugging the life out of each other.

Aww cute.

He thought simply to himself, concluding it was a picture from Seokjin's childhood which appeared to be rather bright and easy.

But Taehyung didn't realize...

the picture had MUCH more significance than that.