The Adoration & Fondness

SEOKJIN FOCUS

"WHAT HAPPENED?!?" Seokjin screeched, voice dripping with concern.

After Namjoon left, kindly refusing dinner as he lost his appetite, Seokjin retreated back to the garden just to make sure nothing had happened.

He was content on knowing Namjoon was still in the shadows about his guest.

However, his heart nearly stopped when he saw Taehyung on the floor holding his jaw, wincing it pain.

A purplish bruise had already formed near his impressively sharp jawline as Taehyung sat with a defeated look.

Seokjin immediately fell to his knees in front of Taehyung, hands reaching up to his face.

Despite only just meeting Taehyung, the sight of him in pain twisted Seokjin's heart painfully, in ways he never imagined.

His eyes clouded with tears, and lips threatening to tremble.

He made sure his touch was gentle, careful not to cause him anymore pain.

Like feathers against his sun kissed skin.

"W-what happened," his voice quivered as he took Taehyung's face in his hands protectively, brushing his thumbs against the skin under his eyes.

Taehyung sniffled slightly at Seokjin's caring touch, his eyes were glossed at the feeling of someone tending to him after all these years.

"Nothing... I hurt myself by accident..." he muttered, placing his palms gently atop Seokjin's.

Seokjin scooted closer, examining the bruise, not knowing what it was doing to Taehyung's emotions and heart.

Taehyung inhaled sharply and then removing Seokjin's hands reluctantly he relished the soft feeling of his fingertips before letting go.

"If I could just ha-" Taehyung started before a startled Seokjin cut him off.

"Right! Bandages! I'm so sorry, let me go get the-"

"No," Taehyung chuckled lightly at Seokjin's cutely flustered face, "Some food and water."

Seokjin made an "oh" sound before scurrying off into the kitchen as quickly as possible to get Taehyung food.

~

"What are you thinking about?" Taehyung asked, his eyes off Seokjin for once looking at the beautiful night sky he had the pleasure of calling his ceiling.

They both sat quietly, heads against the wall, eyes on the sky. Their shoulders were touching and their hearts were churning with their own problems they were still too shy to share.

"There's this guy... Namjoon. And I thought I liked him, but when he tried to get intimate with me, I rejected him. I didn't like it. Will I ever find anyone, or will I just keep pushing all the good men away?" He complained, more to himself, but Taehyung's ears were still open.

"I think..." he started before turning his face to get a beautiful view of the side of Seokjin's face, staring at the stars, "I think, you've already found the perfect guy."

His voice way barely above a whisper, and his face was merely an inch away from Seokjin's, who finally decided to turn and look.

He noticed the close proximity and how his heart rate rose greatly, but he didn't feel weird or disgusted. He felt a sense of bliss.

He felt butterflies.

"And you just need to open your eyes," he was practically muttering against Seokjin's lips now.

He didn't want to let himself get carried away, but it was difficult to resist.

So as a gift to himself and his sanity, he left a gentle loving peck atop his glossed pink lips, butterflies soaring in his stomach.

A peck that was filled with all the adoration and fondness he held in his heart.

He watched as Seokjin's face burned up in an instant.

They both knew it was too soon, but neither could resist.

Taehyung, refraining from moving any closer, pulled away and inhaled slowly.

Seokjin gently placed his hand over Taehyung's which was on his lap.

"You're confusing me..." Seokjin muttered, still in a daze from the previous events.

"I know... I'm sorry... but I promise you, you'll find the perfect guy. Just like I found mine years ago..."

And those were the words that pierced Seokjin's heart like one thousand swords.