Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

Time heals everything. Right?... Malone

Talisha ran her fingers slowly through her sister’s untamed hair and she kissed her on her forehead. Spectators watch as Talisha interacted with her baby sister one last time, before the impatient paramedic wheeled her into the back of the ambulance. Mama Jingles stood from a distance watching her grand daughters, while she held onto her great grandson, letting him know that everything would be alright. Talisha singled her grandma and Cavon to rush over before as the paramedic ushered Casey into the back of the ambulance. 

The female paramedic felt sympathy for the family, even though nursing gun shots had become a day to day routine for her in on the streets of New Orleans. She smiled as she watched Casey’s son and grand mother rush to be by Casey’s side. Mama Jingles eyes where swelled with tears as she held by one of his hands. 

“Is my grand baby, going to be okay?” She asked for not only her sake, but her gandson’s as well. 

“You guys can also ride with her to the hospital. She is losing blood, but I honestly know that the bullet she encountered was not life threatening. We are taking her and her boyfriend to West Jeff.” 

Mama Jingles shook her head in disbelief as the paramedic finished her words and tend to Casey’s wound before saying, “My grand-baby doesn’t have a boyfriend Miss. If you are referring to that nigga who the other paramedic rolling out as her boy friend then you are sadly mistaking.”

“That’s what he told me, while I was taking her away. We also have another ambulance to take both him and his brother away. I hope you are comfortable with that? We are starting up now and you all are welcomed to come.” The paramedic reassured the grandmother, grandson, and the sister.

Talisha smiled and said, “Grandma, you and Cavon can go. I am going to stay back and handle some business right quick, but trust me I am going to be at the hospital soon.” 

Mama Jingles nodded her head and replied, “I’ma sing a lil song and keep you in my prayers baby.” 

The ambulance started up and wasted no time hitting the road to the nearest hospital. 

******

A dark skin male paramedic that looked to be around the same age as Talisha wheeled Warren out of the condo down the fairly curved driveway. Talisha was still standing on the side walk; while, gunning Warren’s body down mentally with her anger. Warren locked eyes with Talisha and an eerie feeling washed over his body. 

“Do you know that women?” The paramedic asked Warren sensing the tense atmosphere that was happening between the two. 

“Mind your business. That bitch is least of my concern my nigga.” Warren snapped back at the nosey paramedic’s question. 

The paramedic didn’t mind Warren’s tone with him at all. He knew that something wasn’t right when he saw how Talisha was looking him like he was the most disgusting man on Earth still living. 

As the male paramedic wheeled Warren into the back of the second ambulance, he felt compelled to ask him another question.“Could you just tell me what the hell happened in that house? The truth is going to stay between you and me. I just don’t ever get the opportunity to see many of my black brothers make it out of situations like you did. I mean, just a shot to the left leg is still a wound that needs to be taken care of by a doctor. I apologize that I didn’t take heed to what you said before my man.” 

“Well, since you putting shit like that. I am just going to tell you that I almost lost my future wife back there. Shit, got crazy. She been fucking my step brother for God knows how long, and she is the love of my life. I held her until I knew she was going to be in good hands. My step brother don’t want to see a nigga happy with the women that I was predestined to be with. He shot me in my leg out of rage and shot her in her damn chest out of jealously. That bitch out their mugging the fuck out of me is my girl’s older sister. I just want for you to know, that if that bitch comes any where around my room in the hospital, there are going to be some problems! You heard me? She don’t know shit about shit!” Warren viscously said to the paramedic as he had flash backs of what happened in the condo and of Talisha’s mug. He also felt as if he was even being a victim to the sound his own lies coming from his very own mouth. He still didn’t know if his lie probably place him in deeper waters. 

Before the paramedic could even find the words to say, Warren’s phone begun to ring in his pocket of his deeply bloody stained jeans. 

“I’ma be straight Jeffery.” Warren said reading while reading his name badge as he reached in his pocket for his phone. The paramedic grinned and wrapped up his wound one more time as he made sure the IV’s were properly connected. 

“This can’t be life right now.” He thought to himself as his body went numb as he read the name that popped up on his screen. 

“Hey, boo!” Honaray’s high pitched voice danced at the other end of the phone. 

“Hey, how you doin’?” 

“I’m good boo, I was just wondering if we can meet up today or something. I know you would love to see my big pregnant self today.” She joked as she sprayed her wrist with perfume and smiled at her reflection in her vanity mirror. 

“Why you always playing these mind games with me ‘ray? You don’t know if you want me or that dude Malone around.” 

“What you talking about Warren? I really want to spend time with you, after all we haven’t seen each other in a few weeks. What that nigga don’t know won’t hurt him. We have an apartment together that I no longer even live in. So what does that tell you?” 

“Get the fuck with that messy shit ‘ray. I am in an ambulance ‘cause I been shot in the leg or some shit. If you want to see me you can come to West Jeff with your pettiness.” 

“Wait, why the hell are you in the ambulance? Who did that shit to you? Oh my God! I am going to be on my way. If there any thing you need me to bring with me?” 

“I will explain everything when you get to the damn hospital, and bring you some mace.” 

“What the fuck, some mace for who?” 

“Talisha ‘cause she the one who is pregnant for Malone and you didn’t even know it. "

If you want more, please don't forget to vote. Thank you for reading. Stay tune for more.