Chapter 1

This is the follow up novel to the New Orleans based Wattpad novel Cheating On A Cheater. 

Chapter 1

"You can't fall in love with two brothers and want both of them to be around."  Mama Jingles

Everton wiped the barrel of his gun off with the bottom of his t-shirt before he tossed it across the living room. His actions left him mentally wanting to shoot himself for the crime he just committed to Casey. He knew that the love that they once shared would probably never exist again, but it was his jealousy and rage that over powered him. He watched as Warren quickly crawled over to Casey’s body to cradle her in his arms. Warren pressed into her gun shot wound within her chest with pressure, as his tears streamed down his face uncontrollably. The yells from Cavon outside the front door alarmed the neighbors. Cavon begun to punch, kick, and tackle the front door to get to his mother. He knew that his mother was in serious trouble, and just wanted to rescue her, just like she said she would have done for him. Neighbors that live close to the townhouses swarmed into the streets; alarmed and alerted from the gunshot sound with of the thoughts of what could have happen inside Cavon’s home. 

Casey was holding on to dear life. She tried to fight the piercing and inflicting pain that the bullet had caused to her chest. Thoughts of her son kept her wanting to fight through the pain of fearing that this would be the way that her life would end.

“Don’t let me die like this.” Casey whispered, as she gasped to hold on to air in Warren’s arms. Everton still in crucial pain himself watched as his step-brother tried to be her saving grace. He bit on his bottom lip as he shook his head. 

“My dude, you so fucking foolish. You really think that, she is going to forgive yo’ ass for being the reason why she is in yo’ arms shot right  now? I have no hard feelings towards the bitch, honestly. I just know that won’t allow any bitch to be disrespectful towards me. She took things tothe point where I was forced to put my hands on her. In this case, I couldn’t touch her, so I let my gun do the talking for me.” He grinned as he thought about what Casey had previously said to him; that blew the situation out of portions. 

Casey looked up at Warren and a smile etched upon her face. He knew that she would have taken the opportunity to serve Everton with an insult, but didn’t have the strength to do so. Warren applied a bit more pressure to her wound as he held onto her as tightly as he could.

He looked her into her eyes and said, “I got you baby, just stay with me. Okay? You got to hold on for Cavon and me. We love you. Casey please do not leave us, like this. I love you. I’m going to get Cavon to tell a neighbor to call the ambulance for you. Okay? Just stay with me.” 

Everton was trying to help himself up off the floor as he struggled to get up. Warren was seriously a joke to him. “Nigga, you serious? Are you serious? I should have shot yo’ ass in the fuckin’ temple when I had the opportunity to do it, but I didn’t. The only reason you shot in the leg and not your head is, because you owe Malone some big money. You can either let me know where you stashing the money or just fuckin’ suffer.”

“Ev, I don’t want to talk about no damn money maine! The mother of your child is dying right in my arms! You one sick and demented motherfucker. I’m about to get some help for her, and fuck you and that nigga Malone. If you live to tell it to that nigga what I said, then we just are going to go to war then. 

“If going to war with you is going to spare me my life, then may the best nigga make it out alive.” Everton replied as he still tried to find the man power to stand on his on two feet. 

Warren placed his eyes off of Casey as he yelled with everything in him to Cavon. “Cavon, lil man or you still outside this door? Cavon answer me!”

Cavon was in fact still on the other side of the door just sitting Indian style as neighbors surrounded the driveway. He tuned out the neighbors who were calling his name and asking questions. Over all the commotion, he heard Warren. He replied back as he moved closer to the door saying, “Yeah, I’m out here Uncle Warren. What you want me to do?” 

Casey cracked a slight smile when she heard her son’s voice before she closed her eyes. The palms of Warren’s hand were covered with Casey’s blood as it rapidly escaped from her chest.

“Cavon, tell somebody to call for ambulances, the police, and your aun’t Talisha. Get help and leave lil man.” 

********

Talisha felt a bit accomplished for finally standing up to Malone, but something in her heart just did not feel right. As much as she did in her mind wanted to see Raymond, something was directing her to go to her little sister’s house and check up on her. As she made her way through the traffic on Ames Blvd., and unfamiliar number popped up on the screen of her phone. She knew it was not anyone she associated with just from seeing Kenner, Louisiana as the location from the number. 

“Hello?” Casey loudly into her phone as she placed it on speaker. 

“Hey, this Talisha, cause this is Ms. Quins and I live just a few town houses down from your sister nephew. There has been a shooting in your sisters house and Cavon keep saying that his daddy shot his mama. Ya’ heard me? The shit don’t make no sense to me, but I already called the police and a whole lot of other people did too.” The unfamiliar women said as she started talking to people in the background of her call. 

Talisha was at a lost for words. She didn’t know how to react, but she had to keep herself together. Replays of her and her sister kept running through her mind her words were jumbled, but she fiercely said, “What the fuck? Where my nephew at and is my sister okay? I’m on my way there now. Ms. Quins please keep my nephew right by you. Tell him I’m going to call his grandmother and she will be there on her way too.” 

Talisha told the women bye and just hoped that the women wasn’t bull shitting with her. As much as she did not want to dial Mama Jingles number, she just had to let her know what the hell was going on. 

******

Mama Jingles was vibed out to soul singer Tucker’s music as she battered and seasoned her pork chops. Her day was going fairly well and she was anticipating to surprise her grandson with her beloved monkey bread. Her house phone started ringing before she could start singing to the chorus to the song. 

“Lord, what could this bitch possibly want now. She didn’t call my ass all week, and now she wanta see how I’m doing? I’m going to have to bless her soul today baaaabby!” Mama Jingles said out loud as she looked at her caller id. 

“Talisha, don’t be calling my phone promising me you going to pay me back for that weed that I gave yo’ ass two weeks ago.” She said into her house phone receiver without saying hello.  

“Grandma, this is not about any of that weed talk. This is about Casey and Cavon.” 

“What happened to them? It sounds like you crying baby. What’s the matter?” 

“Grandma, Casey got shot by Everton and shit is just out of control. Cavon by one of the neighbors, and I am on my way over there now to see what the hell has happened.

Mama Jingles started putting her pork chops in her refrigerator and she turned off her radio. After all the praying she had ben doing for Casey and her grandson, she felt like it wasn’t enough. Casey always was a little bougie and rough around the edges, but she didn’t seem like the type that was hard to love. After all the ups and downs they have had together, she wasn’t ready or would ever be ready to bury one of her granddaughters before herself. Talisha was crying and yelling so much on the other end of the phone, that she almost forgotten about Talisha all together. 

“Baby, calm down. I’m getting dress and I will meet you over there. There is nothing worst than crying for somebody who was crying out for help all along and no one reached out to her, Talisha. You are pregnant and your sister is too. I don’t need for both of you to have early miscarriages. You stressing your damn self out over a situation that was out of your control. Now, we both know that Casey was playing around on two hood ass niggas and not to mention brothers from the 9th ward. If she asked for her ass to get shot then, we will find out once we get there. Until then, I’ma let you go and let you pull yourself together. We are going to let God step in.”