Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I never felt so confused I never felt so used and abused... K. Michelle, "Sometimes"

Salen pulled over into the filled parking lot of the Chinese restaurant called China Doll without any hesitation. Honaray was at a lost for words. She had no clue that Salen would have reacted the way that she did. Once Salen placed the car into park she removed her car keys and said,

"We need to have a heart to heart, so come on and let's get something to eat before these people close."

Honaray looked at Salen who had bent over between her and Salen's seat to retrieve her stilettoes from the backseat of her car and said, "I really don't want to talk about my life over dinner Salen. I just don't."

Salen peaked her head from between the seats with her stilettoes in her hand and replied back and said,"I didn't ask you out to do shit that wasn't going to benefit a future friendship. Honaray, I don't know why you on defense mood, but once we get into China Doll, I want to hear the truth about you."

Without any more words to say Salen placed her stilettoes on feeling over dressed for the occasion and closed her car door. Honaray stepped out of the passengers side of the car and folded her arms across her chest and proceeded to the front door of the restaurant.

Salen took lead and opened both of the two tinted glass doors to the restaurant. Once they stepped inside men and women who were dress causal stared at them both up and down. Salen made her way down the crowded aisle that was by the bar and a colorful painted wall to be seated by a host. Sounds of traditional Chinese music was played softly in the background. The sounds of falsetto- type singing to an erhu swept across the speakers. The mouth watering smells of grilled fish, shrimp, and steaming vegetables tickled at their noses. Honaray trailed behind Salen reminiscing on the times of when Malone would order take out from over them both over the phone from the restaurant. When they first started dating, he would order from China Doll and invite her over to his home for dinner.

Honaray would always laugh when he would pretend that he cooked everything from a recipe book. Those were the days that she would love to relive with Malone. It was by far one of his favorite Chinese restaurants around his way. She smiled at the thought of knowing what she was prepared to order before she was even going to be handed a menu. The lighting in the restaurant was dimly lit and easy on the eyes. The sentimental feel that the restaurant gave both of the girls kept them both in their thoughts until they were both greeted by their host, who was an elderly Asian woman with her hair in a loose Sumu bun on top of her head. She guided them to their seating area and handed them both menus.

Their table was in one of the many corners of the restaurant, away from the few filled family, friends, and couples tables. Once they were seated, Honaray scanned her menu the same way that she did the tables of people for familiar faces.

"I haven't been here in a long time, Honaray. To be here with you is something serious too." Salen said as she skimmed through her menu.

Honaray looked up from her menu and felt as if she was being watched. Her and Malone locked eyes and Salen quickly knew what was up. Salen turned around and stared at Malone who was walking over to their table from his.

"Uhh, bitch what did you start?" Salen asked as she placed her menu down and made a fake smile spread across her face.

"Not a damn thing." Honaray replied between her teeth.

Malone couldn't help to make his presence noticeable to Honaray and Salen. He smiled slightly once he made his way to side of their table and said, "Surprise to see you out in about 'Ray. Everybody know your stay in the house game is super strong, since you have been pregnant."