Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I just can't cry no more 'cause I'm over you and I can't keep thinkin' 'bout you.... Shareefa, 'Cry No More'

Honaray decided to throw on a comfy, but stylish outfit and make her way to the hospital to visit Warren before her doctors appointment. She fought with her heart and thoughts as she searched through her dressers and walk-in-closet for her outfit pieces. Seeing Warren would keep her mind off of Malone and his wicked ways, until it was time for her to be alone and with her nagging thoughts. Today was the day she was also going to find out the sex of her baby.

She felt bittersweet about waiting so late to find out about the sex of her baby. She wanted the moment to be special as she always pictured it to be. Things just don't feel right without her child's possible father right by her side.

As she prepared to get dressed she stared at herself in the mirror and said,

"God, why did you choose this life for me? I'm so stressed and going crazy behind all types of drama that I don't need in my life. I really need a healing for my soul right now, Lord. Could you guide me today and to be with me every step of the way? I feel like going see Warren won't be right? But, You taught me to forgive and to let go. I don't know what to do any more."

Tears started to sketch her cheeks after having not talked to God in so long. She felt like God wasn't listening and that God did not care for her during her storm.

She paced around in her room drying her tears off with the back of her hand as she contemplated on getting her thoughts together. Honaray felt the sudden urge to call her mother. After all both and her mother went through over the years her mother still found forgiveness in her heart in the end for her father and her. The feeling of the same emptiness she had deep within her heart when her father would molester her was the same feeling that she was feeling again. She reminisced how she would tell her father that she didn't love him and how much she hated him every time he would touch or look at her with feasting eyes. Honaray never learned how to let go and let God until a few months ago. She harvested hate and pain in the hollows of her soul. Even though she was pregnant, she still felt detached from the life that grew inside of her stomach. She found the mental strength to call her mother as she placed her phone on the speaker.

After what sounded like four rings Honaray was about to hang up before her mother finally answered.

"Hey, 'Ray how things is at home?" Her mother asked as she waited patiently for a red light in her car.

"Things are alright mama. I'm just so stressed out like, I still can't believe that I'm about to be a mother in a few more months. I'm going find out what I'm having today and I didn't get the chance to tell Malone, since he is always on the go. Ya' know mama?"

"No, I don't know 'Ray. What I told you about that man? You act like you really can't grasp the concept of how that man is only using you, girl. You are beautiful no matter what any one says and I'm not just saying this 'cause you're my daughter. I tell you time and time again to keep those good-for-nothing men from between your legs and your bed sheets. Now of course you are not going to listen to me, but I am not trying to ruin any fun for you. I was once your age and I was loose like you once was. I'm on my way home and I might be a few hours, but I will be there to finish up this conversation with you. Text me or call me back with the baby news too. I told you you're having a boy 'Ray."

Honaray stared at her phone as it sat on top of her dresser. She really didn't want to hear her mother go in about Malone or start talking about how much she loved her. Her mother's name was Diana Grey. Honaray would describe her mother in three words timid, boogie, and stubborn. Unlike her mother Honaray was humbled and open with sharing her life story to listening ears. Her mother was in her mid-forties and still had a lot to prove to everyone. Diana disliked Malone's demeanor and his hustle. Her daughter falling in love with a man whose love and attention was more so for his hustle and craft could not compete with Honaray. To Diana her daughter was another guilty victim of falling for what some old folks would call an original New Orleans Hot Boy.

Honaray pulled up her Nike baby blue yoga pants and smacked her teeth. "Mama, I knew that calling you was possibly going to be a bad idea. I feel like I'm bothering you yet again with my problems. Plus, you are judging me."

She flipped her bra strap length dark brown tresses to one side of her shoulders.

Her mother sounded confused, but knew how easily hurt her daughter could get over the truth.

"Bye, 'Ray. Talk to you soon."

Honaray felt honored to hang up first without replying back to say bye. She continued to get ready for her doctor's appointment for 2pm that afternoon.

****

Currently at West Jeff

Raymond had quickly broken the eye contact with Talisha and walked straight towards Casey who was holding her son's hand. Cavon finally felt at a peace from his mother acknowledging his presence. His eyes were still restless and puffy from crying his self to sleep last night. The connection Raymond showed a very surprised look once he realized that Casey had survive the gun shot wound to the chest. He walked to the side of her bed and placed the bouquet of flowers in her lap.

"I brought these roses for you, survivor."

"Thanks." Casey spoken softly.

Raymond gave Cavon a comforting hug and couldn't help, but to compliment him on his chain as he took a step back to check out his outfit.

"Lil' man you rockin' that gold chain with pride? Huh bruh?"

"Yep, Uncle Malone gave me this chain." He boasted loudly and said as he started swaying his neck from side to side.

Raymond was impressed and had dapped Cavon off. He looked over at Casey and said, "I'm happy that I only a father of one myself. I don't need no more added stress in my life. Kids could really be a hand full."

His words were mainly directed towards Talisha. Casey looked at Talisha for her witty comeback that was sure to correct Raymond once and for all before Mama J made her return.

"Raymond you don't have to come to this hospital and be petty with me in front of my people. Cavon cover your ears too. Raymond you can see your way out of the door and out of my life. You don't gas me up thinking that you are going to be this 'Will Smith' of a father to my baby. I'm not finished Raymond. You right you are the father of just one child, since you want to be like that. The child that I am carrying is going to be straight regardless without you boo!" She snapped back stepping in his face.

Raymond took his fitted cap off and said, "Is it really getting hot in here or is it just me? 'Cause you talkin' like you really are going to run me out of this hospital. You must have forgot Talisha or your pregnancy hormones must be driving you crazy? I'ma grown ass man before anything. I love your people like my own. That dude Malone could have you and his child. I'm not going to go back and forth with you. You mad 'cause a man like me don't sweat you and give you space. Well, I have cashed a lot of checks and you need a reality check for how you serving me the cold shoulder. I came here to show love and support. I didn't come here for you." He spat in a harsh tone.

Mama Jingles came walking in trying to hold snack cracks, chips, and two bottles of soda without dropping them on the floor.

"Lord, something told me to bring my damn purse when I go get my shit." She smiled, but felt like she interrupted something that was still being said.

"What did I miss and why is you all up in Raymond face like that Talisha?"

She placed her snacks on the table and waited for an answer.

"I turn my back and go about my business for a few minutes and then it's War World 3 in here? Lord, we have to control our anger better."

Talisha was in tears and was becoming emotional. She cried with anger, "Casey, Cavon, and Mama J, I need to go get some fresh air. I can't cry like this no more. I'm over being hurt for real."

Raymond tried to comfort Talisha and apologize, but she wasn't in the mood.

"Raymond if you dare to touch me again after what you just said to me, you will really are going to be in your feelings."

An unfamiliar CNA came in the room alerted from the shouting to check on Casey. "Is everything alright or do I need to alert the police?" She asked as she peeped her head inside of the room.

"We don't need the police at all. I am going to be leaving before anything else hit the fan." Talisha said as she stormed out of the room with no intentions on going back.