Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Khia - Now I wanna snatch the cat back, "Snatch The Cat Back"

Raymond held onto his daughter in his arms. With someone like Talisha trailing his every move, it was best for him to not even utter another word. Talisha started to pace even faster and quickly appeared in front of him. She strutted passed him as if fire was coming from the bottom of her black Tom's. She hit one of the two grey buttons for the one of the elevators. If Raymond could only read her thoughts during that moment in time, he would have been trying to fight for her attention. 

Talisha thought, 

"Raymond must really think that he can't catch these hands for the bullshit he pulled tonight. Lord, the look he had on his face a few minutes ago was only a look that replayed boo-koo memories of the past. I don't want to keep bringing up any more drama in front of his daughter either. I can't wait to get to my damn car and check into a hotel."

Silence was shared between them from the elevator ride and until they made their way into the parking lot. 

Raymond and Talisha parted ways as they made it their own personal mission to find their cars. Farea' was sound to sleep in her father's arms as he located his car and mentally called it a night. He pulled out his car keys from his back pocket, while still holding on to tightly his baby girl. It was one of the many balancing skills that he acquired over the years of raising his daughter. He placed his daughter in her car seat, as he rested her head in a tilted position. Raymond tried not to disturb her in her sleep. He admired her innocence as she slept and pouted lips that she made like her mother when she rested. He secured her car seat, snapped her in, and closed the car door.

He made his way back to the drivers' seat and placed the key into the engine. Thoughts of Talisha instantly traced his mind as he put his car into drive. Talisha really was in her feelings more than anything else that he could imagine. He didn't want to believe the way she reacted to him talking to another woman. Talisha still had love for Malone and it didn't take much to push her and Malone back into each other's arms. Talisha couldn't let go of Malone in her heart and that was just one situation that Raymond never argued with her about. Raymond knew that he allowed her to low-key have her cake and eat it too. She had Raymond on her team for affection and support and Malone for bullshit and money. Talisha didn't have to admit it to Raymond he already knew what he was up against. He backed out of his parking spot and made his way out of the packed parking lot back to his home. 

****

Talisha was sitting in  her car with the AC on low and with her anxiety super high. She slid her screen on her iPhone across and went check her checking account through the Regions Mobile Banking app before she made any sudden moves. She entered her user ID, password, and clicked the word "submit."

"Fuck!" She said out loud with a grunt in her voice. She balled her left hand into a fist and slammed it against her wheel.

"This can't be life right now! You mean to tell me that I fuckin' over drafted over $85 dollars?" She threw her phone into one of the two cup holders by her seat. Talisha opened her Besty Johnson minty blue Be My Bow wallet-on-a-chain, which was a gift from Malone from two years ago that he bought with the matching purse. She started to reminisce on how she would always remind him about how the wallet and purse was tacky and a childish gift to her, but she always kept it for the good memories that they once shared. Malone always would shut her up from talking about the gift, since he did had purchased it on one of the few out-of-state trips they had taken together to San Francisco, California. Malone would always laugh and tell her to go back and get a re-fund from Neiman Marcus Last Call knowing that he kept the receipt just in case. Talshia caught herself smiling as she opened her wallet and found three fives, two ones, and two hundred dollar bills in cash. One thing Mama Jingles always preached to her and Casey was to never have a wallet with just credit and debit cards in it, always keep you at least $40 dollars worth of cash. Mama Jingles damn sure was right too. 'Cause Lord knows that having cash in your wallet was life saving.