Chapter 12

Chapter 12

You hold the key to my heart and that's a promise to God... Pretty Ricky, “Make It Like It Was”

Malone made his way back to his car in the parking lot with determination guiding his way. He knew that he was one of the only men that ever accepted Honaray for her past, and he never not once judged her from it. After all, who was he to judge her coming from a past of pain, tourter, and neglect that he suffered from. Honaray’s story was by far the most uneasy story he had to set through and listen to. He didn’t knew how to confine in her pain, since he was still with Talisha during that time. The words, “I’m sorry to hear that.” Probably would have silently eaten at her heart and laughed at her pain with no sincerity given. His worst fear then was falling in love with a young woman, who hated herself deep within. Honaray was a pretender and Malone would have given her an Oscar Award for being, so damn good at hiding her true feelings. Honaray still felt violated from being her father’s mistress, and only time could heal those fatale wounds. 

Malone decided to send her a text message, before riding over to her mother’s house to meet her.

“Baby, I didn’t mean to hurt u. You knew before me & u ever had got together that Talisha was my girl. You was with the same nigga...you just left seeing in the hospital. Basically, we never was a true couple, but that doesn’t mean I don’t fuckin’ luv u. I accepted you. I help mold you, & I put you on. I gave you the best of me even though, I was in a relationship with someone else. I didn’t mean to hurt you time after time again. I’m still going to see you tonight. I want to make this shit right between me & you ‘ray. I want us to be something in this world together, no matter if you don’t want to be my wife or girl friend. You’re the mother of my first born; remember that. You hold the key to a nigga heart.” 

He waited a few minutes before driving for her reply.

*****

Honaray stared out of the backseat window; wondering how could her life had taken such a drastic fall. Her phone received a text message and she knew it could have only been Malone. The cab driver interrupted her thoughts as he said, 

“I know you are young and from the looks of it you’re pregnant? Right? I hope I’m not offending you in any way.” 

Honaray looked up at the back of his head and said,

“Yeah, I’m young, dumb, and pregnant. You’re not offending me, Mr. Cab diver, ‘cause I have been offended in way much worst.”

The cab driver had a surprise look on his face, that would have been a priceless expression to some as he said,

“Hold up, I didn’t say, nothing about you being dumb. I really was not trying to make you talk down on yourself like that.” 

“It doesn’t matter, sir. My life is fallin’ into pieces. I should be trying to plan my baby shower or taking maternity photos with my husband or fiancé, but isn’t none of that happening at all.” 

“Wait, your confusing me. Do you have a husband or a fiancé?” 

“I have neither, but it would be nice.” She replied as she scrolled through her Tumblr feed on her phone.

The cab driver explained as he said, “Look, I’m going to tell you this, since we are almost at your crib. Know your worth. If you are worth a husband, then don’t walk around her like nothing less than a respectable young woman would. I’m not saying that you’re not a respectable young woman, no. I’m saying, stay humble. Further your education and chase your dreams, ‘cause just because you are pregnant life doesn’t stop after you have your kid. You have to push at becoming better individual, so that the life inside of you knows that their mother is a fighter. I use to tell my lil’ sis the same shit that I’m telling you. Once you understand your worth, none of these niggas out here could fuck over you. Trust me. The ring, the engagement, and the husband would come in due time. Be patient and work on you! Niggas, out here not worried about marrying any woman, who doesn't have her head on straight.”