Chapter 13

Chapter 13 

I love you, but I won't be a fool for you... Ciara, "I Bet"

Nurse Katy Ann trolled through the patients’ hallway of the hospital. Visitation hours were long over due. She had an underling hate when it came time to break the news to families about the visitation hours and demands that can with them. Although, it was one of the bitter sweet moments that came with her title, she made sure to deliver a strong and confidence presence. 

Mama Jingles gazed at her platinum Coach Boyfriend Watch that was once a gift from Casey. She was wearing it on her left wrist to compliment her in mirror metallic leather Coach Designer Nolita Wristlet. She peeped the time before she kissed Casey goodbye. She gave her a tender kiss on her forehead. Talisha had already had her wanting to really embarrass her in front of her invited company. So, she decided to make her thoughts known, since she was ready to end the tragic night.

“It’s time to be leaving y’all. That nurse lady will be in here any time now, and before she have to tell me any damn thing. I’m leaving, before she can fix her mouth find the words to tell me goodnight. Come on Cavon. Kiss your mama good night and we will be right back here first thing in the morning.” she insisted as she waited for Cavon to kiss his mother goodbye.

Mama Jingles pursed her lips in Talisha’s direction and told Raymond and his daughter goodnight. She ignored Talisha’s presence on purpose as she walked out of the door and waited for Cavon. 

“Wait, so your Mama J. acting bad tonight, huh?” Raymond joked as he thought about how Mama Jingles didn’t tell Talisha goodnight. 

“I could care less about her and her spiteful ways Raymond. She really do not want to hear what I really have to say to her old ass. I would hurt her damn feelings.” She snapped back and said at Raymond’s messy comment.

Raymond smiled and nodded his head. Knowing the type of female he was dealing with, he rather had not test Talisha’s wicked ways. 

Talisha waited as her nephew kiss her sister goodbye. Cavon parted ways with his mother and made his way to the door behind his great grandmother. Tears were then starting to form in streams down her face. The experience was still surreal to her. Seeing Casey in God knows what condition laying in front of her in a hospital bed was just too much to witness. A two-way love affair left her in the hospital fighting for her life silently after a deadly situation. She imagine how much pain her lil’ sister could have been in before she came into the hospital. As if only Raymond could have read her thoughts he stood by her side and rubbed her back to comfort her. 

“Baby, crying won’t change the situation that she is in. I’m not trying to sound like an asshole or anything like that. I just don’t want you constantly crying over your sister. She is a fighter and she will make it through this. Believe me. Revenge on Everton and Warren won’t heal her wounds any faster either baby.” He said as she still faced her sister in her deep sleep.

*****

Nurse Katy Ann walked in on Talisha and Raymond and his daughter. 

“You guys do know that visitation hours have ended? Am I correct?” She asked in a stern tone. 

“Yes, we know. We are leaving right now. There is no need to rush us.” Raymond answered the nurse back in the same tone. 

“I just told your family member’s goodnight. I was heading in here to make sure that you are not planning on spending the night here. I can reassure you that Casey will be just fine and she will be in great hands. Visitation tomorrow will be from 9:00am sharp to 8:30pm.”