Chapter 19

Chapter 19 

Remember what don't kill you, could only make you stronger, my baby mama's... Fantasia, "Baby Mama"

Back at the hospital 

Mama Jingles handed Cavon a bag of chips and M&M's and asked Raymond if he wanted anything. Raymond placed his head down and scanned the floor as he mentally collected himself. His mind began to wonder on Talisha. 

Casey looked over at Raymond and reached one of her hands out and said, "We are family no matter, what." Cavon looked towards Raymond direction as he tried to open his bag of M&M's. Raymond refused to believe Casey's kind words that possibly could have been be true. Talisha was difficult to love in several ways. Talisha struggles Raymond, because he felt as if he would never be the only man that swept her off of her feet. Mama Jingles opened the cap to her water bottle and took a long sip before pointing at Raymond to let him know she had something to say.

"I know you love my grand daughter a lot. I could feel the love when I see you with each other. I'm not taking sides at all, but 'Lisha is pregnant just like Casey is."Casey started to cry as she started to released the upsetting news that pained her to tell. 

"I'm not pregnant any more, grand ma. I think I heard the nurse talk about it to the doctor early this morning when they both came to visit me." She said between muffled cries. "My doctor and the nurse were saying that I lost my baby from excessive blood lost. I cried until y'all made it here a while ago." She tugged at her sheets that covered her lower body.

Mama Jingles placed her water bottle on the table by her bed side and Raymond stood up to be by her side. "Casey, you don't know if it is a sure thing right now, so don't rush your pressures up with talking like that. You are still early on in your pregnancy. Think positive." Mama Jingles tried to soothe her mind with her words. 

Raymond stared at the magnolia colored painted walls silently ignoring Casey's raging emotions. The atmosphere in the room among them all was very distress and tense. Could neither Raymond or Mama Jingles tell her other wise. Raymond had flash backs of his baby mama Salen as Casey tried to fight her tears. Salen was very emotional and wasn't well with explaining what she was feeling. What Talisha had no clue about was how much Casey and his baby mama Salen had in common. Raymond cleared his throat and walked towards the door. The slight undertone smell of bleach that traveled throughout the air made him crave for fresh air. 

Cavon stared at his mother with a blank face displaying comfort that only his innocent eyes could speak. Raymond suddenly started to feel nauseous. Raymond walked out of the room to the nearest nurses station without voicing his where about's to them. Once he stepped a foot into the hospitals hall way his carefree appearance commanded attention and his teeth were clenched behind his natural mug. Nurse Katy Ann strolled by him going down the hallway hugging her baby blue clip board tightly to her chest. 

 "Say, Miss. Nurse Katy Ann." He asked turning around as she continued to pace even faster to her targeted location. 

She quickly turned around and stopped in her footsteps and said, "I would love to help you, but I am late for a meeting with a patient's family." Her dark brown eyes trailed his height before she turned back around. 

He wanted a valued answer and not just a judgmental expression from her. "Nurse, my girl's sister, the one who was shot in the chest. She was pregnant too. I wanted to know if her lil' one made it or not?"

Nurse Katy Ann already had a whole lot of breaking of bad news to give to more than just a few families and love ones. She stared at Raymond before mentally scattering her mind to find the correct words to string together. "Look, there are a lot of families that I need to tend to. I also cannot disclose the answer to your question at this time. I will be meeting with her and you guys at a later time. So please hang in there tight." A forced smile formed on her face. Her deep brown eyes showcased a piercing appearance, as she turned back around and kept her eyes set straight. Raymond didn't even bother to ask her around what time she would be back. 

 **** 

Meanwhile  

Honaray placed her ear buds back into her ears. She was at ease and felt much more relaxed after talking to Salen. Her phone started to ring in her ears intrupting her music from playing. Warren name on her screen appeared as, 'Sicking.' 

She answered his phone call in a mellow tone saying, "Hello.""Hey, Honaray. I'm going to be released out of the hospital in a few hours. I told the people that I was going to be in good hands. Ya' heard me? I really wouldn't mind seeing you. I know we hit the fan on some shit, but I hope we are good." 

 Honaray rolled her eyes and stared at the ceiling. "I thought you was mad at me? I'm in the East at the moment. I am seeing about my baby's health and the sex. And you know I don't have a car to make it over there to see you."

Warren pushed himself up in bed, trying not to move his leg too much. "Why you don't get what's his name to come drop you off? I could pay for a cab to bring us back to my crib. It's really simple. I know y'all two crazy in love. Ya' heard me?" He laughed and settled his head into his pillow. 

A Spanish medical assistant her dark black hair pulled back into a bun stepped into the lobby and pronounced her government name. She laughed a little at Warren's sarcasm and told him, "I'm going to see what I can do. I'm not going to promise you that I am showing my face." 

"Alright, well. Holla, back at me and tell me what "we" having, baby. I wish I could have been there." She told him bye and walked into the door that the medical assistant held open for her. 

*****

Honaray had her weight, blood pressure, and medical information down by the medical assistant. The medical assistant was worried about her health immediacy from her doctor. A urine sample was needed from her so that it could be determined if she had preeclampsia. She waited for her doctor on the ultrasound bed. Once she walked into the door she instructed Honaray on how much excitement many mom's have during seeing their child for the very first time as a him or her. Her doctor was named Melody Gorge. Her slightly wavy dirty blond golden tresses that clearly made her stand out from her peers and coworkers. Her light brown darting eyes looked at her with care for her health. 

She held Honaray's paper work in her hands as she took a seat by her bed. "Ms. Grey, You are 32 weeks pregnant and you do in fact have preeclampsia. I do not want you feel like this is the end of the world. I am going to have to keep a close eye on you and you will have to monitor what you eat, how long you are on your feet, and salt intake."

Honaray sat up and looked at Doctor Melody directly in her eyes. "So, you mean to tell me Doctor that I'm at a high risk pregnancy?"

"Yes, with great care of your body and health, you and your baby will be just fine. I don't need you to panic about this at all."

"I'm trying not too. I'm a single mother, Doctor. Nobody worried about me or my baby like they say they are." She said laying back down on the bed to ease her shakiness. Doctor Melody wasn't quite sure why Honaray seemed to be a "Debby Downer" on herself. 

She quickly asked Melody to pull up her t-shirt, so she can place the Aquasonic Clear Ultrasound Gel on her stomach. "This may be a little cold to the touch." She smiled and said as she rubbed a generous layer on her round belly. 

 "Ooooh, it is cold too!" Honaray laugh from the slight cold tickle it had on her stomach. Honaray stared at the ultrasound screen as her doctor pressed the ultrasound wand gently onto her stomach. They both stared at the screen with glistening eyes. 

This was by far one of Doctor Melody's favorite things to do at the birthing clinic. "There is the head, Honaray. Awwww... and his or her body. Wait, let's see what you are having! Congratulations, Ms. Grey you are having a baby boy!" 

 Honaray started to smile brightly. She couldn't stop looking at the screen in awe of the life inside of her body. 

 "Do you have any names picked out for this little guy, yet?" The doctor asked still exploring her baby's movements and form. 

 "Yeah, I'm going to name him Rayshaun Warren Grey. After his daddy." Honaray eyes were still locked on the screen. She made a mental note to visit Warren as soon as possible.