Chapter 23

Chapter 23 

It takes a fool to lose twice and start all over again... Teddy Pendergrass, Love TKO

   Warren was escorted back to his room by the same nurse that witnessed the entire brawl between him and Talisha. Being embarrassed about Talisha acting out on him was wrestling with his pride. He stood up from the seat that he was place in and pulled up his black denim jeans. He tried to maintain his body weight on one crutch and his integrity on the other. By-standers that witness the smack down he encountered stared and looked away as he mugged every face that with aggressiveness in his eyes. He was thirsty and felt non-presentable from just being in the hospital bed and not seeing what the world had to offer. It was one of his weekly routines was to hit the gym and visit his mother a few days out of the week. Being a patient in the hospital gave him a new found love for life. After having more than just a few days to reflect on the negative, he believed that he found the mental strength to not worry about Casey. After all, Casey was the prime reason as to why he caught a bullet and was in the hospital. He tried to not think negative of Casey, but the what if's stayed in the back of his mind. His thoughts danced on the lines of his forehead as the nurse scanned his face, who helped him up and to a seat. Seeing Casey was something that he just had to do before he departed from the hospital. Warren carefully made his way to a black phone that was mounted against a wall under the words "patient registries" to find out Casey's room number. He received the information that he needed, and he made his way to the nearest elevator where the same nurse who was in line standing at.

"What floor you headed too?" she asked as she pressed one of the two buttons for an elevator.

He looked over at her and said, "Your good love. You can go where you got to be first." He rubbed his shiny bald head with one hand.

The nurse looked at him with a concerned expression. "Okay, if you say so. It looked like someone wasn't too happy to see you a few minutes ago."

The elevator doors came open and they both made their way inside. Warren shook his head at the nurse's comment and said, "It's all good you can't please everybody."

"I guess." She replied back pressing the number 4 and rolling her eyes up at the ceiling.

Warren took his cell phone out of his pocket and decided to shoot Honaray a quick text saying, "

I'm still over here at West Jeff. I'm checking up on Casey right now, but I really think that we should still meet up.

The elevator came to a stop on the fourth floor, she stepped out holding on to her bottle water and sandwich. Warren eased out of the elevator right behind her making his way to Casey's room. He awaited what could have possibly happened next.

*****

Honaray made her way back into the house, following after her mother. She peered back down at her phone and saw that Warren had texted her. Since, he had been in the hospital they had been broken up they had been keeping in touch through text messages. Their relationship was labeled and stamped as friends as far as she was concerned. Being alone during the last couple of weeks, opened her eyes to her reality. Malone was having his way with her, she was lonely and wanted company, and the relationship between her and her mother was crumbing. Meeting Salen totally blew the plans of seeing Warren after her doctor's appointment. She read his text that said,

"I'm still over here at West Jeff. I'm checking up on Casey right now, but I really think that we should still meet up."