Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Just one prayer just let me know somebody care... Lil Boosie ft Webbie, 'Pray For Me Mama'

Meanwhile

Mama Jingles was standing over Casey's bed helping adjust her flat pillow behind her head. She reminisced back on the days that she would fluff her and her sister's pillows before they would say their prays and go to bed. Casey and Talisha's childhood years where the roughest once their mother died and their grandmother had to raise them both on her own. During those years Mama Jingles was one of the best coke cookers on the East bank of New Orleans. Her name was ringing bells in her ward and the police were on to her. She had a few friends who kept their mouths close, but kept her pockets fed when it came to distribution. She was in her early thirties moving one of the most deadliest drug substances that feens yearned in their souls for. Keeping Casey and Talisha's ears from the streets and eyes in the school books, was another task that she had to accomplish back then. Her worst fear those many years ago, had to be finding out her granddaughters fall in love with narcotics and becoming feens their selves. When Mama Jingles found that an early Sunday morning would be the best time to get at least 75% of her product cooked, tested, and served; she placed her grand daughter's in a seven o' clock Sunday School service at a near by church on the outskirts of what was now their hood. Casey looked up at her grand mother, who still seemed to be in a day dream.

"Grand ma." She said breaking her out of her daydream of the past.

Nurse Katy Ann quickly peered into the room and walked in with a pursed smile as usual. Her pursed smile seemed to be her signature look. She held her clipboard out and scanned it before opening up about the information that she had to share.

"Hi, Casey. I just wanted to see how you were doing? We just got finished looking at your blood samples from the pull we did a day ago. You were in fact pregnant."

"Hi, I'm good, but still in a bit of pain." She said trying to sit up in bed. "I was pregnant then, nurse, but what about now?"

"You had a miscarriage Casey from excessive blood lost. There was truly nothing that we could have done as a team of doctors and nurses to save your baby. I could only imagine how much pain you are in right now. But crying will only hike up your blood pressure and we really don't need that to happen." She walked to Casey's opposite bed side and stood next to Cavon.

She squatted down and looked at him in his watery eyes. Mama Jingles watched as she placed her clip board on the foot of the bed to interact with Cavon.

"Look here little guy. You will and would have made a great big brother. I just want you to know that there is a song that I hum every day when I am going through something tough. Do you want to know what song that is, huh?"

Cavon nodded yes, and the nurse started humming the sweet melody to, 'Yes, Jesus Loves Me.'

Mama Jingles smiled at their interaction and as the nurse hummed the very familiar tune. Mama Jingles started to pray.

"Lord, it's me again. I'm standing in the need of prayer. My grand daughter needs you, my great grandson needs you, and my entire family needs you in the mist of their pain. Oh, Lord we need you right now. I'm asking that you place your loving arms around my grand daughter Casey. I'm asking that you help heal her body, so that she may be able to go home in some sort of peace. I'm asking that you hold my great-grand-son Cavon in the palm of your hands. Help him Lord, to understand how to love you through his pain. Help Cavon to turn to you for guidance during this time and any time of this young life. God, we just found out about the miscarriage that my grand daughter has had. I'm praying that you breath Your word over the lost of her child. For I know that you are the alpha and omega of all things. You make no mistakes Heavenly Father, we ask that you mend our broken hearts and spirits. In Your loving name I pray, Amen."