Chapter 21

Chapter 21 

And a real man just can't deny a woman's worth... Alicia Keys, 'A Woman's Worth'

Honaray was due back to see her doctor in the next two weeks. She was smiling on the inside from thinking about seeing her baby move on the ultra-sound screen. Her mother once told her a few months ago about putting her baby up for adoption. Honaray thought that it was just another way her mother wanted to ruin her life and her happiness. Finding out that she was pregnant was one of the most felicitous moments in her life. She was at war with her mother in her own home over sharing her father. Her dad would have probably hated the sight of the thought of her being pregnant for another man. She pushed the thoughts of his existence to the back of her mind as she waved good-bye to the medical receptionist at the desk and made her way to the front doors. Salen was on her cell phone speaking calmly to the person on the other end. She locked eyes with Salen and smiled again.

Salen removed her phone from her ear and said, "Girl, I'm talking to my little girl. She wants me to come pick her up today."

Honaray smiled and looked up at the ceiling not knowing how Salen could have possibly felt from talking to her little girl over the phone. Salen ended her conversation with her daughter by blowing a kiss through the phone and giggling. She looked at Honaray and said with a sigh of relief, "I haven't talked to my little girl in a few days. I can't wait to take her out and spend time with her."

"I could only imagine how you feel right now." Honaray replied pushing open the door while maintaining a smile.

Salen caught up with Honaray and asked her were she was headed in a bit of a rush? Honaray pointed at her mother who was sitting in her car with ear buds on singing.

"You sure, you don't want me to take you home? I won't hurt you plus you can meet my lil' princess." Salen urged on her words with a huge smile.

"I don't know I been texted my mom hours ago to at least be here to pick me up. I live on the Westbank, so I really wouldn't want to drag your gas tank like that."

"I live in Algiers and that's still considered the Westbank, so you would be good. I am just a cool laid back kinda chick. I just don't associate myself with too many females 'round here so it would be nice to have some company over."

Honaray stared at the afternoon sky and looked back at Salen. She really needed to be around more mothers and women that where independent, because she really wanted to be put on game about a lot of things. She decided to give Salen her address and told her that she was down for hanging out that night. Salen was all in for a good time with Honaray.

Salen took down her address in her phone eagerly and said, "I don't know what's been going on in your life, but I have a Bible verse for you. I am about to send it to your phone. I'm going to call you once I make it to my crib, and please read the text too." She shot back a smile and gave her a hug.

Honaray didn't expect for Salen to be all wrapped up in the Bible, but she did needed a little inspiration to make it through the remainder of her day. She and Salen parted ways and she clutched her phone in the palm of her hand as she walked to her mother's freshly washed all white 2010 Infiniti G Coupe. Her mother unlocked her car door as she watched her walk closer to the passenger's side. Honaray playful stuck her tongue out and tilted her head to the side as she open the car door. Her mother shook her head and smiled. Honaray was always full of some sort of excitement no matter what time of day it was. Her mother lowered down her music that was on her phone and took her ear phones out of her ears.

The car felt toasty, but not too warm to make Honaray feel hot from the crisp autumn air. Her mother looked around and checked her mirrors before backing out of her parking spot. Honaray stared out of the window. Her mother's OCD was at it's finest as she slightly admired the rich luster that the entire car had. The smell of Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner weighed in the air of the air. The smell was masked under a new opened can of California Scents, Coronado Cherry scented air-freshener. Her mother loved to stay on top of everything that came with a price. Her mother swooped her chin length bob styled copper brown hair behind one of her ears and proceeded to hit the road. She quickly peered over at Honaray once her phone made the familiar notification sound that, she had received a text message. The text message was from Salen and it read.