01.

Diary Entry 26.
Date: September 24th, 2018.

"I feel like this year could really be my year, class started a few days ago and so far nothing has caught on fire and no one's had their hearts broken. Which is a plus, the last thing Ms.Hayes needs is her office lining up with students who want to talk about their problems with her, to be honest? I don't think she gets paid enough, to listen to the amount of bs that comes out of most of the students mouths. I mean, our first year as sophomores and we should avoid the very idea of drama. In four years, we'll be graduates of West Bridge High, and the last thing we need to think back about are the mistakes we made. This year is our year, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Until then.
Lexi."

I leaned back at my desk in my room, my eyes on the black leather journal I had got on my birthday a few months ago.
Sage thought it would be a great idea to give me something, to express my feelings.
And I had just recently started using it a little after August.
There wasn't a whole lot for me to write about really.
We had just became sophomores, and I knew there would be a lot to write about.
But for now?
I was blank.

"It smells good in here." I said pulling my brown hair into a pony tail, walking into the kitchen where my family was.
My mom was at the stove, dad was reading the paper.
Paul was missing in action, as usual.
And Noah and Jovi were already chowing down on their cereal at the table.

I would be in the same building this year with Paul and Noah.
Paul was our older brother, but he was a junior.
Noah was a freshman, and Jovi would be in the building next to us because she was in eighth grade.

Our parents thought keeping our age gap close was important.
And I mean there was nothing wrong with that, I kind of liked the idea of my siblings being closer to age.
Especially Noah and Paul.
Which I already knew our dad wanted Paul to keep tabs on both me and Noah, so if trouble struck he'd be there to stop it.

Which was funny to imagine.
Because Noah was a cream puff.
I on the other hand?
Avoided drama at all costs.
I was perfectly okay being with my small crew of friends.
Sage Ellison being my best friend, then I had Chloe Baker, Oakley Jacobs and Monty Reese.
Don't get me wrong.
I got along pretty well with most of my classmates.
Those four, were just the top.

I did have other friends, but they didn't exactly get along with my crew.
Which was Bryce Lexley, Claire Garner, Maggie Ray, Tatum Olson and Jordan Bradley.
It was mainly because Chloe and Maggie liked to bump heads and stir up trouble for each other, and Bryce being the guy he is.
He has to lift Maggie up while shes trying to start shit, and walk away with her over Bryce's shoulder still yelling at Chloe about stuff the other isn't even listening to at that point.

And what makes it worse.
Chloe and Maggie are on the same cheerleader team.
So it makes things more complicated for the team to get anything done.
But it never stops Parker Cruz, Tyler Harris or Mason Jones to help ignite the flame between the two girls.

"Do you want eggs, Lexi?" My mom Michelle questioned, she looked to me as she stood in her diner uniform, looking like she was already running late for work.
I shook my head with a smile.
"No thanks, Monty is supposed to be picking me up so I'll just grab something at school." I told her.
"Do you need lunch money?" My dad Allen asked next, his eyes on me as he began reaching for his wallet.
I looked at him.
"No, daddy that's okay. I still have some cash left over from last time." I said then turned to the front door of our house, as it opened.

Monty walked in, a black headband wrapped around his head as it pushed his wavy brown hair out of his face, but revealed his bright ass gray eyes.
He gave off that charming dimple smile, as he allowed himself in the house.