Chapter 9: Reunion ~II~

Comenzar desde el principio

'Stupid fragging cons.' she couldn't help but think bitterly.

She felt a pair of strong but gentle servos lifting her....were they Prowl's? They felt......sleek yet strong.......it had to be him, right?

There were voices....what were they saying? They were too soft, she couldn't hear them- speak up damn it! Okay...there were...a few...one sounds.....gruff and cranky, an older one perhaps? One sounded....young; no two of them sounded young...or was it three? There was another, he sounded......authoritative? Responsible? The leader maybe?

And one more.......no way, was that Prowl's voice?! She wanted to speak up, let her own voice be heard, she wanted to just yell 'BROTHER, IT'S ME MANTIS!' as loud as her voicebox would allow but....said voicebox absolutely refused to cooperate.

They were getting too loud...okay now the voices were too much, that was enough her processor was banging every inch of her helm, screaming at her and reality to just leave it alone.

She gave reality one last glance, one tiny look as though through her peripheral vision....then finally succumbed herself to the realm of unconscious.....and this time, she didn't even try to grasp onto a thread to connect her to consciousness.

^^*************^^

"I'm.....I'm sorry, Master." Prowl said, helm lowering in shame and shoulders sagged in defeat as he tried- Primus, he really tried his best- and failed to close the door which led to the secret chamber containing the protoforms.

"You have the spark within you; you simply have to locate it." Yoketron explained patiently, trying to lift Prowl's deflated spirits. "That is why I am sending you on an optic quest. Find your spark, Prowl and return as the cyber-ninja I know you to be."

Prowl bowed and turned around, already planning his long journey ahead then paused as the words sunk in.

"Wait, Master!" he called.

Yoketron stopped and turned around, wondering what his student wanted. "Yes?"

"How long will this quest take?" Prowl asked.

Yoketron considered the question. "It depends on the cyber-ninja, not the journey. It won't be easy, that much I can say for certain."

"So, it could take.....stellar cycles?" Prowl asked.

Yoketron shrugged. "Or vorns. Like I said, it depends on the cyber-ninja." He said.

Prowl frowned and Yoketron did not miss it. "Is something the matter?" he asked.

"No it's just.....how will Mantis take this news?" Prowl asked.

"Take what news?" Mantis said seeming to suddenly appear out of nowhere. Under Yoketron's guidance, her stealth skills vastly improved, surpassing even Yoketron's expectations and soon she became one of the youngest to almost master it....and perhaps even the best- even better than bots older than her- so good that her pede-steps became naturally light, barely making any sound without her even noticing. Evidently, she knew when to use her skill to her advantage.

"Little jade, you know it is disrespectful to eavesdrop on others without their consent, especially if they are family." Yoketron said sternly.

"Sorry, I just came to let you know dinner was ready and then I saw you show brother the.......'chamber' and well......" she shuffled her pedes then she seemed to finally gather herself as she looked at them with a resigned but slightly proud look on her faceplate. "Brother is leaving for his optic quest too, isn't he." it wasn't a question, it was a statement.