Hercules Mulligan- Gown (c)

It wasn't out of the ordinary for your husband to head to work early and leave a few words scrawled on paper upon his pillow to wish you his love and tell you when to expect him home but today's note was unlike those normally left. Upon the paper was an invite to his store. He never invited you to his store, not that you were forbidden to go there, regularly surprising him with lunch or going to visit him when you lacked anything else to do with your day. He didn't say what he wanted and insisted there wasn't any urgency, so once you were ready for the day you headed out.

Hercules' store was rather close to your home, only needing a few minutes' walk until you reached it, to see a single man stood with your husband inside. Your husband measured areas of the suit the man wore, seemingly in random places but to him it made sense before he patted him on the back and the man headed to the back of the store probably to change. Opening the front door, the bell chimed gaining your husbands attention, who offered you a gentle smile.

"Y/N," he smiled. "I am glad you're here."

"You could have been a little less cryptic," you commented. "I didn't know what to expect."

"Only positive things, I promise. Just give me a moment to help Mr Richards and then I will be all yours."

You nodded your head. Before you were able to say anymore the man whom you assumed was Mr Richards appeared in different clothes, the suit he had been in nowhere in sight.

"I've left it where you said," he stated. "Will the alterations be ready for the weekend?"

Hercules nodded. "It should be completed before closing on Friday."

The two men exchanged money before the man whom you were unfamiliar with left the shop. Hercules turned his attention back to you.

"I have a surprise for you."

He disappeared into the back for a second before returning with a gorgeous gown.

"I have been working on this between customers, it's taken me a while, but it is a beautiful gown for my beautiful wife," he smiled.

Your let your fingers toy with the fabric, shocked by something so stunning that would be yours. One of the many pleasures of being married to Hercules was he was able to make the most lavish gowns for you with a fraction of the price of buying one from anyone else. Although he specialised in men's clothing, he certainly didn't struggle at making you dresses.

"Thank you," you beamed. "It's so beautiful."

He gave you a sly smile, looping an arm around you, pulling you close to him with a gentle hand to the small of your back.

"Although I must say the best kind of clothes are removed."

Your cheeks became inflamed, gaining laughter from your husband as he kissed your forehead whilst commenting on your innocence even if you lacked your virtue.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.