Alexander Hamilton- Photo (a)

Your family surrounded you as you sat on the floor surrounded by piles of presents. You didn't normally do anything for your birthday, but this was your first birthday with Alexander, and he did things a bit differently.

"Can you open mine first?" Laurens called out from the front of your temporary audience. You sifted through the pile searching for Laurens gift until you came across it. A small box wrapped in pink paper, finished off with a dark purple ribbon. Laurens's face lit up as you pulled the ribbon and opened the box inside the wrapping. A pearl necklace sat inside.

"So... do you like it?" He asked, his face hopeful and his eyes wide.

"I love it John, thank you." He stepped through the rest of the crowd, taking the necklace from his hands and walking behind you, he placed it around your neck and connected the clasp at the back. It rested beautifully around your neck, the pearls glistened in the sunlight. He walked back to his place in the group. You rustled back through the pile, in search of one from Alex, you eventually found one. The gift looked hastily wrapped in dark blue paper.

"One from Alex..." you called out "I wonder what it is..."

You peeled the paper from the present and caught sight of a photo frame, a mahogany base embossed with a floral design. The rest of the paper was removed to reveal the photo inside the frame. It was of Alexander, a small signature sat in the bottom right corner.

"Alexander!" you tossed the photo and the frame to your side.

"Did you really get me a signed photo of YOURSELF for my birthday?"

The mouths of your friends and family all dropped, and Lafayette let out a small snicker before claiming 'how much of an idiot Alexander was'.

"I thought you would like it... you always say how much you love my face?"

The rest of the group all slowly started to leave the room.

"Maybe well... uumm... give you guys some time?" Hercules suggested, "we will be back in a little bit I guess. Happy birthday Y/N."

"Yeah Herc. Thanks for the blouse by the way, it's really pretty."

Hercules nodded and left the room, closing the door slowly behind him.

"Really Alexander... a photo of yourself... not even a photo of us and signed too? Who do you think you are?"

"I'm sorry Y/N..."

~*~

Written by Aaron.