Lafayette- Adventure (c)

When you fell in love, you had no idea that it would be lost to you so soon. Lafayette was the love of your life; it was a quick burning love filled with passion and hopes but he was to join the war that was so close. It terrified you that you could lose him to the war as so many men would be lost. You tried to keep hope in your heart and make the most of the time you had with him before war ravaged the nation, but it was forever in your mind.

Somehow you managed to fall asleep by his side yet again, knowing that it meant you were one day closer to him heading off to join the war, but you were awoken before daylight broke.

"Ma Cherie," your love's voice called by candlelight. "Wake, ma cherie."

You struggled to let your eyes adjust to the light that the candle let out, rather groggy from being woken at such an early hour.

"Yes, my love?" You said, sitting up in bed.

"I wish to take you on an adventure," he grinned holding out a hand to you.

You let out a laugh. You had cried to him many a time in the recent weeks about wishing he would not go to war and instead have many adventures with him and now he had decided to make your dreams come true.

"It is barely two in the morning and you're deciding you want an adventure now?" You laughed.

"It isn't much of an adventure, but life shall be an adventure every day, so we shall share these early hours together," he assured you.

"You are sweet, my love," you smiled. "What adventure do you wish to take?"

He held out one of his long jackets to you. "Put this on."

Normally you wouldn't wear his clothing, especially not out of the house in fear of the gossip that would spread across the city, but no one would be walking the streets at this hour, so you were safe to dress how you wished.

"Where are we going?" You asked, slipping on the jacket.

"You shall see, ma cherie," he said raising your hand to his lips, to press a gentle kiss to the back of your knuckles.

You let him take your hand and guide you by the candle through your shared home and out into the gardens.

"This shall be the start of our adventure."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.