James Madison- Christmas Soirée (c)

Although Christmas wasn't for another three days, your husband James and yourself had been invited to a Christmas soirée. Thomas Jefferson was one of James' closest friends, even though you weren't overly certain why as they were very different people. He threw the most lavish parties for any occasion he could justify a ball for, and with the festive season being in high swing, you were surprised that he hadn't thrown a ball yet.

You weren't the biggest fan of parties, neither was James, however with it being thrown by Thomas the two of you were obliged to go whether you liked it or not. The two of you did wish you could spend the last few days running up to Christmas snuggled up in your home, sharing the happiest time of the year together- Thomas never cared about that though.

Having to wear a suitable attire for a formal festive ball you needed a few hours with the help of one of your servants to actually get ready. You decided on a festive green gown to fit the season that you were currently in. It was far from a simple gown, it was one James had treated you too when he was away on work for a while with Thomas to apologise for being away from you for such a time.

The corset was done up and you felt like a doll with minimal, almost impossible movements, so when your husband knocked on the door you had to call for him to enter the room as you didn't trust yourself to get there and open it for him. You had perched yourself at the vanity making sure your hair looked perfect, and also needing the rest. The mirror before you allowed you to see your husband approaching you.

You could see his gorgeous smile looking down at you as he rested his hands on the back of your chair.

"You look beautiful," he smiled warmly.

"Nonsense," you frowned. "No one holds more beauty than you."

James moved his hands so they were resting on your shoulders, leaning down to brush your hair from your back so that he could press a chaste kiss to your shoulder blade.

"I am holding the most beautiful of women."

You couldn't help the blush that raised to your cheeks at his compliment. Sometimes you didn't understand what beauty he saw within you, but you certainly weren't one to argue over the matter.

"I love you so dearly James," you whispered moving your hand onto his.

"I love you dearly too, my Love."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Hamilton One Shots and Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें