XXV: Those Who Risk

Time left before merging: 6 hours

Yes, it's been 3 hours ever since that battle cry and I haven't been able to find an opening. It keeps on raging on, destroying everything in its path.

Worst of all, it's getting stronger.

I know for a fact that Y/N is unable to hold on for a very long time but I'll get to her soon because I promised. I promise I'll always protect her.

Historia's P.O.V

"And with this, I shall plunge this weapon into you and you will leave this place. See you in hell." I laughed.

He lets out a scream of pain before it dies off and the body fades away in the form of dust. I looked as it flew into the sky and disappeared, then the pieces are nowhere to be seen anymore.

I turned around to look at Anastasia. I saw her smiling as she held out a hand. I took her hand and I floated up. Soon, I found myself flying in the direction of Len and his fight with it. I gripped my weapon harder. There's not much time left. I saw him clashing with it over and over again with no opening by both of them. They are of equal power. I made myself known when I pushed Len back front and steadied him so that he can fight it again.

He thanked me. He stayed by my side as I watched it, raging with anger and full of hatred.

"Len, what's the situation?"

"I'm not sure. After I sang a part of this song, it shook, and got angry."

"So it grew stronger?" He nodded.

"What's the song?"

"...It's a song that Y/N once whispered to me so I could calm down and go to sleep..."

"In other words, it's a lullaby." I turned to look at the direction of the voice. Anastasia frowned.

"That lullaby will make it gradually grow weaker."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Yes, but it wears its owner down."

"Wha..?"

"Y/N, may die."

Vel's P.O.V

"Zes, report."

"Yeah, so, a few more before everyone dies." I hear him giggling.

"Alright."

I looked in the direction of the fight, I frowned and placed a hand on my chest. I truly hope Y/N could be saved.

Len's P.O.V

What did she just say? Y/N will die? I looked at her in shock. I was speechless. Hope was starting to fade away and I just feel so helpless.

"I said may, there is a way to save her."

"What?"

"We force it out of Y/N. Before the song reaches the end and then she dies." Historia explains.

"Len, only you know the lyrics, you do it. Continue the song."

I nodded.

"Wait, I should know how the other side goes on. Y/N needs to continue this part."

"We need to reach our voice to her. If the being shook that means Y/N must have reacted to it."

"Everything must go in order.." I muttered to myself.

"Y/N! I know you can hear me! I need you to sing! Let me hear your voice!" I screamed.

"Y/N!!" I let out another loud scream.