XVIII: Halcyon Days Part I

A/N: I was planning to do a NSFW but not any time soon, about this story. You all agreeable? If so, I'll start preparing to write about it soon!

Y/N's P.O.V

By the time I woke up, it was night time. My stomach growled loudly. When I looked down, I saw Len, still asleep. I smiled slightly as I carefully placed his head properly back on the pillow. Slowly, I got out of the bed and then suddenly, I felt something grab my hand. It wasn't trying to drag me back, rather, it was a somewhat firm grip. I turned to my back to see who's hand was it. I sighed in relief. Of course, there could only be Len's hand. He had his eyebrows furrowed and his lips somewhat far apart as if he was trying to say something but, his eyes were still closed. He was sweating and breathing rapidly.

"Don't... Go..." He said in between breaths.

I took both of his hand in mine and gripped them.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Slowly, his breathing started to return to normal and he started to relax. I looked around for something to wipe his forehead. I found a white face towel then. I took it and wiped his forehead and neck. Before I went out to get some food, I softly patted his head and then checked if he was asleep. When I saw him still asleep, I walked out of the bedroom and slowly closed the door. I walked down the long staircase and passed by one of the servants.

"Your highness, you were still awake?" I nodded.

"Do you need something?"

"Nope, I'm only going to get food. Why are you still awake at this timing?"

"I'm only cleaning around the place for a while. I'll be heading in to sleep now. There is still food in the kitchen, I believe." The servant smiled before hurrying off.

'How suspicious.' I thought. However, I paid no mind to it because I was too hungry. I hurried to the kitchen and served myself some food. I sat at the long dining table all by myself as I ate. It wasn't anything much.

After eating, I went to the sink and washed the plate. I didn't hear footsteps coming in but I did feel arms sneaking around my waist.

"You didn't tell me you were going to get food."

"Is this what you do to murder people like me?"

"What do you mean? You're my wife. Get used to it." He giggled.

"Len, this is way too sudden, you know it too. Don't turn me into a flustering mess." I said, annoyed.

"Oh? It might be cute to see you like that, maybe I should it more often." He teased.

"Tch, I can't push you away."

"That's fine. I'm already stuck to you like glue. You can't push me away." He giggled again.

Silence filled the void between the both of us as I finished washing and then I turned off the tap.

"What's up?" I asked. He remained silent for a while.

"From now onward, if you want to go anywhere, tell me. No, it's an order, you must tell me." He was firm.

"Why?" He released his hand from my waist. I turned around to face him.

"I had a dream.. of you leaving..."

His eyes didn't meet mine as he turned his head away but from the corners of his eyes I could see that he was afraid and above all of that, scared of losing me. I took his hands in mine again. He turned to look at me again and our eyes met.

"Just like what I said just now, I'm not going anywhere. I will always be by your side." I smiled. I saw tears coming down from his eyes.

"Aww, don't cry." I reached my hands up to touch his cheeks and wiped away his tears.