XIII: Another

A/N: I'm back and this time I'll be updating 3 more minus this one! I promised myself since I missed 3 weeks, I will upload the 4 chapters by this week, one today and one tomorrow and the other two on weekends. I'll take a break for 3 weeks to focus on my exams though. Been playing around for too long xd. Anyway, let's get on with the story.

"You need to focus on Gumi now, let's worry about other things later." 

Was what everyone including Len has been saying to me. I sighed. Now, after 2 days since they told me that we were going to find Gumi, a hi-tech plane comes and picks me up with my packed luggage. Of course, I'm not going alone. Kaito, my two trusted guards and Len is coming along. Miku stays behind because she has to protect the palace as the other people are gone to find a single girl. After we have all carried our items, we departed. I sat in my seat with Len beside me and the others at other seats.

"Where is she located at again?" I asked.

"Rejoice, she's located in the Treble Clef faction which means it is easy to get in and find her even though our dear prince here is hated." Kaito beamed.

"Uh huh, I still need to know which part of it again."

"Oh, right. Take this." Kaito snapped his fingers and a glass letter came from on top of me. 

I caught it and looked through the information that was stored in the glass letter. Her name, Gumi Megpoid, aged 18, lives in a country called Kandi, a country that has a lot of involvement with the Sin country in terms of trading, resources, business, exchange of foreign talents, economy, politics and etc. She lives in a town within Kandi and she moved there after she lost her parents to an accident. Perfect cover. 

However, the story is a little shady. I wonder how has The Oracle not caught her yet. They should be making their moves to kill her off because of the possibility that she might steal the Core from them right? 

"This woman, is she being guarded by someone? How is she able to conceal her presence?" I asked.

"That's a very good question. It's not stated in the letter." Len sighed.

He started to tell me how it works then. Gumi, possessing the power that originated from her mother, as a woman who was constantly being targeted The Oracle because they wanted her core so much was a splendid runner. Her mother, still unnamed and nobody knows because it is not written in the history, was a splendid magician who could conceal her presence so that no one could find her. 

However, the skill had its drawbacks. As it will take mana from the user, they cannot use it for more than a week and to restore the mana to use it takes a while. Her mother, did not manage to get herself concealed one fine day and transferred her magic power to Gumi after she was born. Her mother got caught by The Oracle and was executed. Tragic. I took another look at the glass letter, dropped it after looking at it then it disappears.

"Now then, when will we reach there?" I questioned no one in particular.

"Two days." Len answered nicely and went back to rest.

I looked outside the window and saw us flying in the air, on the clouds. My eyes traveled to around the plane. The plane was created with advanced technology. For example, an autopilot, an armory within the plane, food that comes from the ceiling and a seat that can be turned into a bed, I'm not kidding. 

"Ahh, so boring." I stated. 

"You guys are sure slackers. For people who are going out to try to save the world." Vel said.

"You tell me what am I supposed to do, 2 days in a plane with nothing but myself and you guys?" I complained.

"Right, right. I understand that you are bored but please stop your whining and let me go to sleep will you?" Len scowled.