XVI: Love May Bloom

I walked the streets of the Bass Country after wearing my disguise and sneaking out of the palace. My disguise, a short red colored wig with purple contact lenses. My clothes fit that of a commoner; a normal red colored shirt with short sleeves and black track pants. My shoes are black slippers. I could conceal anything relating to my appearance but what I can't conceal is perhaps my speech patterns and my voice.

Naturally, I brought along my wallet with me, not anticipating any evil because I was only going out, taking a break and I wanted to buy something on that day. I was wrong, unfortunately. I felt someone roughly pushing me away, and the person ran away soon after. I checked my pockets only to see my wallet missing. Annoyed, I ran after the person who did it.

I jumped over stall roofs to bamboo sticks of people hanging their clothes on and then back to the roofs. I wanted to jump in front of him and stop him. If I had something sharp enough to stick in front of him, that will be great.

Again, not expecting anyone to save me, I noticed a dark pink haired beauty, running after the same person as me. She noticed me looking at her and she gave me a thumbs up. She continues to run after the person, faster than me in fact and then she jumps on the person. She pulls her arm to the back, making my wallet fall from his hands. I leap from the roof and landed beside them. I took my wallet and look at the person who was restrained.

A lot of people crowded around us and I hear insults coming from the people who owned the stalls and their roofs slightly ruined.

"Serves you right." I said, annoyed.

"Thank you." I turned to look at the girl who helped me and bowed. She smiled.

Suddenly, she pulls my hand and we ran away from the crowd.

"Oi!"

She doesn't stop running and when we finally reached a forest, we stopped. She turned back and looked at me. I looked into her eyes that were parakeet colored. Her smile doesn't drop since just now, making me feel a little suspicious about something. Regardless, I shook away the feeling.

"What do you want?" I folded my arms and furrowed my eyebrows.

"You're the Prince aren't you?" She enthusiastically asked, as she gripped the bottom of her one piece dress which I just noticed.

"So what if I am? What do you want? A reward for saving me?" I asked.

"You do owe me a favor but I'll have you pay me back later." She said.

"Ah, I see, then I'll take my leave." I attempted to leave, turning my back to her but she grabbed my hand again.

"What else do you want?!" I asked, really annoyed this time.

"Won't you spend more time with me? You seem in a rush, as if wanting to buy something. Besides, you can't hide the fact that you are the prince with your voice and speech patterns." She offered.

I thought for a while. Surely, this girl mean no harm? She has a point. I can't conceal my presence as the prince very well. Maybe I should tag along with this girl for a while.

"Fine, what's your name?" I asked.

"Amane. Fujiwara Amane." She answered. I nodded.

After that, I followed her around and she guide me to places where I can buy very useful materials and from that day onward, I always followed her around town. Attracted by her beauty and personality, I fell in love with her and confessed. After that we started going out and she could still accept me even though I have married someone else.