XIX: Halcyon Days Part 2

After training classes, we gathered around at the dining table since Mom wanted to have dinner together. We were all smiling, talking about everything even though the oncoming disaster was not so far away. Well, a lot of the talks were about me. Mom sat opposite me while at my sides were Len and Gumi. Even Gumi was smiling to the conversation.

"Then, you know, Y/n used to be an odd kid. She used to drink 8 glasses of water all at one shot because she was told she had to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day by her teacher." Mom laughed out loud.

The rest of the people on the table were laughing to no end. I was blushing red beet.

"She used to do something like that? How cute." Len commented. Mom laughed again.

"Okay, okay kids, let's talk about something else. I think Y/n is starting to feel uncomfortable."

"Now then you notice?!" I raised my voice and pouted.

"Sorry, sorry. It's been a while ever since we joked around like this." She giggled.

"Also, nice bracelets, also not forgetting the necklaces."

Len smiled at the comment while I looked away and blushed. A short moment of silence came in between all of us again. After a while, we went our separate ways but Mom motioned me to come with her again.

Flora, Gumi, Mom and me, in a private room again. Flora placed a barrier around us and made sure it was soundproof once again. Mom started to speak.

"Y/n, let's be serious here. One day, if you had to leave Len in order to save the world would you?"

"What do you mean?"

"We have to be prepared for all situations. That's what she meant." Gumi explained.

That's clearly a hard decision. I'm not sure if I could leave him alone. He will be sad for sure.

"I... I know that one day, I might have to leave him but.. if it is to save him and the rest of you, I will... leave him to save the world.."

"I see..." Was all the reply I got from Mom.

"Don't worry, we'll protect you." She tried to reassure me. I nodded.

"Now then, let's continue... Where did I stop just now? Right."

The Musica Government is in charge of maintaining law, peace and order in the countries. All countries are ruled by a single government but each country have their own monarchy. The government only maintains law, peace and order but in reality, they do not make policies by themselves. Any law, policy or such have to go through the monarchy and they will decide for themselves to see if the decision is rational or not. If it is not rational, they will not accept it.

Once, the government decided to make an assassination team for the government to rely on so that if war arise or they need to spy on some people, it'll make it easy for the both of them. The monarchy agreed and so The Oracle, otherwise formerly known as The Order Of Justice was formed. They were to carry out the dirty works of the government and the monarchy, eliminating everyone on sight.

Those days were still, calm peaceful days. Once, a leader by the name of Ares. Greedy for more power as he wanted to overthrow the government, he found a way to seize The Great Catalyst. He was the same person who killed Freyja, sealed Anastasia and killed her beloved and tried to kill Mom a few times but has never succeeded. He managed to kill her twice but decided to let her go so that he does not waste his resources.

Gumi kept quiet the whole time.

Wait, twice?

"I know what you're thinking. Did I tell you? We are only demigods. In other words, we still can die. We just have to be killed over and over again. Just like a video game with a lot of lives."