XV: Listen to Me!

Gumi's P.O.V

I sighed.

I walked back into the room to check on Y/n. Would it be worth, risking my life just to help this girl so that we could save the world together? If what Len said was true, if my mother really loved this world, then naturally, I should do it right? I should help her out. Yet why do I feel so reluctant? Why am I so hesitant?

The two people by her side - her bodyguards - their head and eyes fell on her as they watched, perhaps wondering when she'll wake up. It's been about 2 hours ever since she fainted and not even a single movement is seen from her. I walked to her and gently touched her forehead, hoping I could see when she would wake up. I closed my eyes and focused my energy. As a gentle wind blows into the window and a light flashes in front of my eyes, I see a scene where she wakes up. Looking at around for the time, I see it.

"She should wake up in another hour." I said.

I see the two bodyguards, as their head lifted. They sighed a sigh of relief and their expressions soften.

I went back out and I crossed my paths with Len, who seemed to be sitting on the sofa of my living room. Unconsciously, I sat opposite him. He looked up, and we made eye-contact.

"Your wife is bound to wake up in another hour." I said. Len sighs a sigh of relief.

"You... You don't look like the type of guy who would love the wife. You have another woman in your heart don't you? Why do you go so far to help her out?" I asked.

"My duty? As a Prince. Ever since I was told that The Oracle was trying to harm the world and I was to be betrothed to the girl, I've always felt like it was my duty to follow her along. We only orchestrated the wife-selection thingy." Len explained.

"You.. You're bound to fall in love with the girl. What do you do then?" Gumi frowns.

Len grins and then he speaks, "I know, I've always known I would. I know my heart is wavering. Who would not fall in love with a girl, full of life, forced to follow her fate and never falling to her knees? But seriously though, should you be worrying about me now?"

"I see alternate possibilities but yet..." Gumi says and she stops to think.

Y/n's P.O.V

In my deep sleep, I was once again, in a dream. Why do I keep having dreams like these? I looked at my surroundings, it was once again, nothing but the sky and clouds, the floor reflecting the scenery.

"I see, you've met Gumi." I hear a familiar voice speak behind me. I turned around, slowly.

"She tells you, you're not normal because you have me too." She said.

"Why does Freyja sound familiar?" I questioned.

"Of course, because you share the same memories as I. Have you ever wondered why is it that you keep seeing me in your dreams?" Anastasia smiles. I shook my head.

"Wasn't it because I share the same core as you?" I answered.

"You're only half-right but, you need not worry for now." Anastasia answered. I nodded.

Suddenly, she gasped, in shock and looked at me.

"Oh no! I've run out of time!" Anastasia panicked. I looked at her, perplexed.

"My child! You need to convince Gumi, soon, by today! Convince her to join you!"

"What do you mean?!" I demanded for an answer.

"I've run out of time! Remember to..." Anastasia didn't manage to finish her sentence and I see my surroundings fading to white.

My eyes shot open and I jolted up. My head started to hurt a little, as if I had a minor migraine. I see Vel shocked. Zes stood up and went out of the room. Shortly after, he returned with the other people. I looked around me as I see people encircling my bed.

"How are you feeling?" Gumi asked me.

"Gumi, you need to listen to me!" I raised my voice at her. I see her head, tilted to the side, obviously showing she's confused.

"Huh?" She asked.

"Listen to me and save the world!"

"What, wh-"

"No questions asked, you're going to save the world with me!" I demanded her to listen.

"There's an unbelievable feeling of nervousness in me if you do not, never and will not save the world with me! In fact, you and I might regret it!" I raised my voice higher.

It's true for a fact that I did not feel good at that time knowing if Gumi had continuously rejected my offer. I know Anastasia for one is always right in her judgments and that I can believe in her and that is why, I need Gumi to follow me along.

I see Len smirking.

Len's P.O.V

My heart has always wavered. As I wondered, if the girl I chose was the right one but now, I feel like I have finally understood. I finally see why my heart wavers. Between that girl and Y/n. I finally understand why.

I can't this girl. I feel like I would have fallen in love at first sight at that moment. I can't, I feel the need to protect her or else she takes risks like this. Now, my wavering heart is gone and I have completely fallen in love with her. I can't lose her. She loves the world, as much as I do. She is bound to find her own song one day. I want to be in the song with her.

I see her, gripping the hem of her sheets. Her eyes, were filled with fiery determination.

"Gumi, I demand you, to take up the offer." I said, strictly, not giving her a choice.

"You..!" Gumi frowned.

"I demand you!" I ordered her, fiercely now. I doubt anyone dares to disobey me now. Gumi sighs.

"It's not like I didn't see this coming. I accept the offer." Gumi sighed in defeat, putting her arms in the air, surrendering. Y/n stood up and hugged her. After a while, she let go.

After that, Gumi motioned me to go out with her. I nodded and followed her.

We went outside of the house even.

"What is this about?" I asked.

"Don't fool me, you did that because you have fallen in love with her, but know something, your highness." She eyed me and then she smirked.

"Don't you mistake, the want to protect someone, for love. You might actually land her in a situation such as the one Anastasia had to go through."

"Who do you think I am? I'm only human but I know my feelings for sure." I reassured her.

"If that's the case then..." She stops again.

"Actually, never mind. Let me go pack up now." Gumi smiled at me and went back into the house.