VIII: Strange Dream

A/N: I've been feeling so tired lately. I'm so confused as to why people are still reading even though I am updating so damn slow. SOMEDAY, I'll upload a 2 chapter pair haha.

Luka trained me for as long as I can remember. When 4 hours swiftly passed, Luka healed me with magic and made sure I was prepared for my next class with Meiko, combat fighting. Luka brought me to where Meiko was.

"Hello! It's your teacher here, Meiko! Just call me Meiko, no need for formalities." Meiko introduced herself. I nodded, thinking I've heard the same phrase before.

Luka helped cover the field with magic so that we could go all out. Luka goes away and Meiko turns to face me again. Without warning, she charges to me with a fist. I stopped it with the palm of my hand and pointed the other one down to block her legs. Needless to say, it was very painful.

Meiko slowly backed away from me. She looked at me again and then she puts a hand on her hips.

"Not bad, you're certainly not a beginner." She commented.

"Why would you do that?" I panted.

"Because I wanted to test your capabilities. You certainly have great reflexes and not a beginner either. I'm sure someone would have taught you how to fight." She guessed.

She was right, back then I would always spar with Zes or my mother who was still strong enough to teach me combat fighting.

"Why do you think we need to learn combat even though we have magic?" She asks me.

"I'm not so sure." I said.

"Because magic, can be manipulated. Your mana may run out sooner than you taught. If you want to be a supporter, you need great defense and power. Your learning will take place this way, Offensive, Defensive, Support and finally, the Fire Arts. It's enough for you." She explained.

"There's two different types in the Offensive Category, single enemy and enemy team. I will teach you the basics of singles and then teams. When you're ready for teams, Luka will send you clones." She explains.

"Hmm, it's not going to be easy huh."

"Yes, of course. You need to learn the different attack patterns of enemies because enemies have differing attack patterns." She ends her conversation.

"Our own country's style, practiced by the whole world is called Fire Arts. Although, only the the pure blood from this country can use it. A powerful power gained has a lot of advantages but there are always restrictions and consequences too." She smiles, sadly.

"Hm?" I asked.

"Ah, sorry, I spoke too much, let's get right to it."

We began our training without wasting anymore time. She attacked me relentlessly, without giving me any break. I tried to block her with the typical cross shield but it was still very painful. I kept running away from her as I tried to find an opening but every time I do, she always blocks or dodges my attacks.

"What's wrong? The enemy won't wait for you, you know?" She said and stopped for a while.

"What am I supposed to do..?" I panted and wiped my sweat.

"Keep trying." She said and continued to attack me.

She wouldn't give me time to analyse her attack style. After running and blocking for a while, I finally found her opening. Each time she straightens her hand, her stomach remains open.

"An opening!" I screamed.

"Too late!" She warned, blocked my attack and kneed my stomach. My eyes widen and I staggered back while holding my stomach in pain. I could feel my consciousness fading.

I fell onto the floor and raised both hands up. I surrendered.

"Well, I shouldn't have been too hard on you. I'm sorry." She scratched her head. She helped me up. I looked to the sky and see the shield.

"Why must I practice combat? What's going on?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, you are dragged into here without us actually explaining anything huh?" She said. I nodded.

"You see. Actually, you need some self-defense. People are after your life." She said. I looked back at her. She scratched her head.

"Argh, this is too complicated. Ask Len or someone to explain it to you anytime. I have to continue the lessons." She sighed.

We continued the hellish lesson with my meaningless resistance. She would go harsh on me anytime. Block, attack, dodge, run. Repeat. After countless tries, I finally noticed something. What if I actually faced her up without blocking? I regained my stance. She comes to me with a fist and I lunged at her. Dodging her fist to my face, I took her arm and put a finishing blow to her stomach. She staggered and then jumped backwards.

"Your fast learning skills are outstanding. Maybe you're able to master fire arts soon." She noted. I smiled.

"Would you look at the time? It's time for your next lesson. Luka's here." She said.

Luka dispelled the shield and then she healed me to the perfect health again. I bowed towards Meiko as she patted my head. Then Luka took me to Len. We were in a dojo of some kind. There was a shelf of wooden swords and metal swords. Luka left without casting any kind of shield.

"You're here." Len said with that cold attitude of his. He took a wooden sword and then tossed it to me.

"Your learning will take place this way. Offensive, Defensive, Sword Arts, Fire Arts. Offensive has only single enemies and duos. Right, that's all." He said.

"Are you sure you could train me? Aren't princes always busy?" I asked, concerned.

"It's not like I had a choice." He frowned and crossed his arms. I better not anger him.

He took out his wooden sword and begin to charge at me without hesitation. Before I knew it, we were already crossing swords. He tried to pierce me every time I backed away.

"Give me a break!"

"The enemy won't halt!" He continued to charge at me as if I was really his enemy.

'If he's taking this seriously, then I'll do it to!' I thought to myself. When we both backed away, I took a deep breath and charged into him. He tried to block and dodge a lot of times. Just like Meiko. I ran around him to eye his weakness and he would do the same. I charged into him mindlessly still unsure of where the attack. Although my blocks were successful, I have been hit quite badly.

"You're fast but still not fast enough!" He screamed and attacked as soon as he saw an opening.

I managed to block him but it slightly hit my waist. I heard him gasped for a while as he backed away.

"Not bad but are you willing to risk everything to defeat your enemy?" He asked, catching me off guard and then charged again.

A lot of times I have tried to attack his opening but as experienced as he could be, he seen through all of me. I tried to make a zigzag and then jump to do a crushing attack. It worked somewhat and we both backed away.

"Don't underestimate me!" He screamed.

"Who's doing that? I should be the one saying that!" I screamed back at him.

He stopped attacking me and put his sword away. Then, he came to me and tried to analyse me for a while.

"Now that I've tested your power, let's get to the ways." He said.

"Try copying me."

He did a slash to the forward. I did too. Then, he slashed up to down. Blocked, slashed left to right and then made a cross slash. I followed his every step.

"We're going to practice this everyday until you fully master it. I think you shouldn't take too long." He said.

We continued to practice the same thing he did for a whole last 4 hours time that we had. He had me to take a test to see if I still remembered. I did exactly what we did and then I passed it.

"That's it for today. You're still shaky. We'll practice sword holding tomorrow, for two hours. Another two hours for basic training." He laid out the plan. I nodded.

He offered to bring me home and I agreed. Just in case I collapsed. He kept the swords and such, gave me some water to drink and then started to walk me back to the large mansion. I wanted to ask him about why I must learn combat and magic but I figured it wasn't such a good time. He walked back to the castle after waving me goodbye and then I entered the mansion. I wanted to crash onto my bed when I reached home. I didn't want anyone to visit me at all.

Unfortunately, I heard someone knocked onto my door and then I just asked them to enter.

"Hello, Y/n." A voice echoed throughout the room.

"Oh, must be Flora." I said.

"Yes, how's your training?" Flora asked.

"Well, it wasn't a walk in the park that's definite." I stated.

"Oh, of course." She giggled.

"Len was so cold." I pouted. She smiled a small smile.

"I hope you don't mind that. Len can be quite cold to people he just met. He must be quite crushed too. This marriage was a political thing as well." She stated.

"Crushed?"

"Oh no, I might have said too much. I apologise, Len told me not to tell you anything anyhow." She smiled.

"I understand, I wouldn't want anyone to invade my privacy as well." I said.

"Well, you see, I hope Len still opens up to you after a while. It might take long but he'll open up, I'm sure of it." She tried to reassure me.

"You sound very confident."

"Of course, I've known him since young. Well, I must excuse myself. I need to let you rest." She waved me goodbye and then left.

I lied in the bed straightaway after she left and then I fell sleep without warning.

Suddenly, I was in a dream. A white land. A monochrome scene. The sky was black and white. I looked around to see what is around but I saw nothing. No one.

"You're here, I'm glad." A voice echoed.

I turned around and I saw her. There was no way. She was from the books I read. There was no way she could still be here.

"You're..."

A/N: Sorry my dear readers! That is all for today! Let's wait until tomorrow! Until then!

I PLACED THAT CLIFFHANGER ON PURPOSE. HAHAH HAPPY SUFFERING.