XIV: Persuasion

"Y/n, go and get dressed." I heard Len say as I woke up from my sleep.

I sat up and stretched as I remembered what we were supposed to do today. I walked into the bathroom, after grabbing a comfortable outfit. Soon, I walked out of the bathroom and followed Len outside. 

"As much as we want to save the world, let's eat first. I'm hungry." Len says as he led the group to the breakfast table in the hotel. 

We gathered around the table as a menu was handed to us. I looked into the menu and ordered the first thing that attracted my eyes. 

Food came to us and we finished it swiftly, not wasting time. Afterwards, we went into a long car and then they brought us to where we found Gumi the other day. I looked outside. The sky was bright blue and it lined along with the city view very well. There were buildings, tall and short, skyscrapers that designed the view. The view changes to a town area and I looked around for a signboard that might tell us where were we. I found a signboard that says "Camellia". That's right, Camellia Town. The place where we found Gumi yesterday.

When we finally reached Gumi's house though, as per normal. She refused to open her door. 

"Gumi-san! Please, open your door!" I tried to tell her.

"Begone you useless human puppet! Come back here when you're actually not going to persuade me into something!" Gumi insulted me. I frowned.

I could hear Len sigh from behind me. He dragged me away from the door.

"Gumi, if you don't come out now, I'll make sure you'll never live your life in the light anymore." Len threatened.

"Who do you think you are?!" Gumi screamed.

"King of this accursed world. Now, come out before I do something you really wouldn't like. Don't underestimate me, peasant." Len spat, his voice growing darker.

Finally, Gumi, reluctantly opened the door but refused to come out. I haven't seen her thoroughly in person because I was so focused on the issue that I was supposed to settle. She had beautiful green hair and piercing emerald eyes. Her eyelashes were long. Her lips were thin but they were filled with life. Her nose was sharp as. She was dressed in a singlet and shorts as she greeted us. Her arm was folded as she held the door and scowled at us. Gumi eyed everyone but her eyes finally landed on me.

"You're not normal." Gumi said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, demanding for more information. Gumi stared at me and pursed her lips, refusing to say anything. She ignored me and proceeded to say.

"Why won't you leave me alone? I don't want to be involved in my mother's mess and whatever that has something to do with The Oracle." 

"We need your help." Len stated his point.

"You.. Do you know why my mother died? Because of people like you." Gumi declared. I looked at her, slightly surprised.

"Surprised now aren't you? Guess what, she was sold out. Yes, by worthless people like you." Gumi spat at us. 

"Enough with your words, they don't do an effect on me. Explain." Len demanded.

Gumi looked down as she sighed. She looked up again and invited us into her house. Her house was messy for a female but she snapped her fingers and everything was reorganized again with a cups of tea in front of us. Gumi poured the tea into 5 cups and served us the drinks. Gumi begin to explain the memory of that time.

Her mother had just come back from buying groceries and was about to proceed to cook when a knock was heard on the door. There were people, in clothes Gumi can't seem to remember but they introduced themselves as attendants from the royal palace. They have come to take her mother to the palace to attend a royal meeting. She came back in and kissed Gumi as she bid her goodbye and left. After that, her mother never came back. The last thing Gumi knew was that her mother had been beheaded by The Oracle and branded as a traitor. Her mother, Freyja, died, falsely accused.