69

Rio

In front of the full length mirror, I observe myself standing in the third suit I've tested; it's luxurious black fabric cool under my fingertips as I brush down the fine collar.

I quickly connect my tongue with my lips for moisture before my lips curve themselves, and I prepare to turn around.

"Nah I don't agree with the red tie." I start, now facing Chris. "It kinda overcomes the handkerchief, yeah?" I add, cocking an eyebrow.

He's sitting on a high class sofa piece - that fits well with everything else in the centre of Luxury, Suit & Tie Inc.. My brother returns a smug smirk in sync of his instant once over.

While the grin refuses to falter he scratches his shaved chin, black eyes still observant. "You should stick with the burgundy." He suggests. I turn around again, glimpsing through the clear mirror to see my best boy shrug. "But yeah, that shade of red is too bright. Definitely throws off the handkerchief."

My mouth quirks up a ton, before sounding a low chuckle. Shortly after though, I feel the seriousness of my expression kick in, as the muscles outside my jaw tighten. I scan over my tall figure in the suit while loosening the bright red tie around my tattooed neck.

I let it fall to the marbled floor, before Chris tosses me the burgundy one I've tried on a couple times before.

Clearing my throat, I equip this one on, later tightening the deep red fabric around my neck. I gotta say this is the finest I've dressed. And that's what I was looking for.

What's in eight days is too important to disappoint her. And last time I checked the colors are white and burgundy anyway. Plus... I do look good.

I form a cocky grin, glimpsing over my shoulder a moment. "How's this?" I ask 'em, facing ahead at the mirror again.

"My boy looks like he's ready to fess up those vows." Chris hops off the sofa to make his way over. I shake my head even when the grin doesn't fade, turning around to him once again.

His broad figure stops a few feet from me, and we stand in silence before chuckling simultaneously - he pulls me in for a brotherly take-in.

"More than ready brother," I say when either of us go to pull away. Chris watches me with a congratulated smile.

"I'm excited for you, man." He says. But just before I can deliver 'em a thank you, my best boy nudges my arm before starting in his tracks again. "You ready for lunch?"

Not even an hour later down the line, I'm back in my black hoodie again, seated at one of the mall's food court tables - Chris munchin' fast on fries across from me.

I shoot him a raised eyebrow, bringing my order of soda up to my face. "Those good?" I lick my lips quick, "you might wanna slow down, wouldn't wanna pop a button on your new tux." I point, swallowing down the caffeine and earning a sudden glare in return from 'em.

My smirk then defeats me.

I demolish another sip of my drink before bringing the styrofoam cup back to the tabletop, and gaining muscular tension to harden my jaw again. I check my watch.

"Alright we've been here for a good thirty don't you think?" I exhale, looking to my boy while he munches on more fries again.

Chris only raises his broad shoulders momentarily for them to drop down again; nothing but a careless shrug to straighten my solemn face even more.