21

Rio

Throughout my standing body, anger courses internally, and it's baneful. My nerves are shot. I wanna charge at the leather jacketed guy who stands ahead of all of them, before I can throw a punch at anyone else.

While my fists are clenched, I don't give up attempts to escape this firm hold a thug claims on me. It's grave, for him, to hold me back. He started up a death wish.

My teeth are grinding, absentmindedly, as my eyes glare onto Leather Jacket. Seconds after Victoria was pushed out of the door, from Beth's guidance, this guy's smug smirk hasn't wiped from his face.

And I can't wait to knock it off of him - whether it be from a bullet or my fist. Still, irritation suffices.

And again, I can't go after her, because of this worthless boy behind me.

For a quick second, Leather Jacket glimpses at me - momentarily before turning his back.

"We should have her back by morning." He sniffles briefly, his hand running across his face roughly. "'Cause you'll have the money by then, right?" He asks, not meeting my burning gaze.

He starts to walk off, some of his boys following behind him soon after. I watch him head for the grand staircase.

"Do you and your boys a favor and don't try a miserable attack again, considering..." I hear him suggest, heading back up to their hotel room, I assume - which would be reckless.

I try pulling my own inked arms from the thug's grip again, only resulting in his grasp to tighten. But it doesn't hurt, and my slightly bleeding lips tug upward.

A low chuckle escapes my lips.

"This is lethal now, your boys and mine." I warn lowly, watching Leather Jacket come to a stop on the steps.

I note the humorless chuckle sound from him then, and he turns around to contact my eyes, finally.

I form a grin, while his brows are cocked up. His mouth seems to twitch, as if he were to speak, but he don't. I watch him turn around - and he continues in his steps.

Then he makes a gesture with his hand, signaling for the rest to follow up behind him; the one trapping me eventually releases. Now free, I immediately turn around to offer my glare; fighting the urge to offer him my hands. But I know the wise choice here. We are outnumbered...

He heads toward the stairs, when me and my boys stand in watch.

--

When we get to the hotel room, I'm the first one in - hearing the door hit the wall after my aggressive force of swinging it open.

My heart pounds dangerously, from anger, my nerves throbbing when I quicken my steps toward the entertainment center. I pull open the cabinet doors, my hands searching for the duffle bags inside.

Behind me, though I don't turn around, sounds a deep sigh. I already know who it is.

"So, what happened to you? Your face is kinda..." Chris trails off. I release a sharp breath, pulling out the black bag out when located. I carry it firmly in my hand, averting it to the small dining table across the room. Chris follows me. I toss it onto the wooden surface, soon and hurriedly unzipping it.

"Like that really matters right now." I respond, abruptly. But I can't help it - my blood is boiling. I exhale, trying to calm myself; knowing that Chris didn't do anything for me to talk to him like that.

"One of the men that's with them caught me from behind. So of course I turned and fought 'em off." I say to him, my tone solemn and calm this time but still hinting with aggression.

Opening the bag up wide enough, I take out a few stacks, my perceptive gaze scanning across the green papers to estimate. I place the stacks on the table, too. "This should be thirty." I state, continuing to peer through the duffle bag, avoiding my best boy's glance.

But from my peripheral vision, I spot him take a deep breath, moments before his own deep voice speaks again.

"I know you're ticked..." He states, watching me carefully. "She didn't do it though, did she?" He asks so quietly and low, I barely catch it. I purse my lips into a thin line, turning to face him.

"Did she do what she confessed?" He questions in a whisper - though I bet he already knows the answer.

I shift my shoulders briefly in my black t-shirt, a moment, before I feel my serious structures soften. Chris and I share a look. He knows how I feel about her, well enough.

"No." I answer. "We both did."

Chris's dark brown eyes glimmer with a certain understanding, before his broad shoulders seem to relax - I hadn't realized they were once tense. I reach over to grab the thick stacks, the thin green papers now in hand.

I release a sharp sigh, licking my partially stained lips. "I'm goin' to get my woman, you comin' or what?" I question lowly, walking past him without waiting on a direct answer.

---

Thanks for reading, loves!!! Love you all a bunch.

Remember to be kind to others!

AND THE GOOD GIRLS SEASON FINALE PROMO HAS ME SHOOKETH. MUST WE DISCUSS?

xx