19

Victoria

Bullets crash into the partial brick bulwark gravely, as gun powder consumes the air across East Wayward lot. There's obnoxious gunfire - lots of it.

And each shot summons an echo. Now I know for sure - this wasn't part of our plan.

The targets on watch are alert and on guard, and I can only hope, miraculously, that the other enemies inside aren't aware of the attack.

I peer out from the bulwark, aiming my gun. There's about six of them, firing back, I gather from clear sight. I land onto another target, who is already aiming at me.

Suddenly, she fires. I jolt back around, my back slamming against the brick wall that defenses. I inhale the sharp breath I lost from her missed shot, and hurriedly brush my disheveled hair from my face.

Carefully, I peek around the edge again, clutching onto my golden gun. I spot her. From a distance, she's cocking her weapon. Now is my chance - so I take advantage of it.

I aim my golden tip, centering near her chest. Throughout my increased breaths, I suck in the cool oxygen, and brush my finger against the heartless trigger.

Then I pull. My shot blends with the others, when my target is thrown back slightly. I'm sure to watch her fall onto the ground, as she does, before I turn to stay covered and take guard. Hid behind the wall, I note that some shots have faltered, coming to a complete stop excluding a couple.

We must be succeeding before the targets, because the only shots that are echoing are from our side of the lot.

I gather steady breath, just when I spot movement before my own eyes. In front of me, mere feet away, is a man ducking to take cover - running between parked cars.

I stay alert, quickly raising my gun. I aim at his rapid moving figure, maintaining concentration.

I attempt to pull the trigger...

And a rasped groan sounds shortly after, as I watch him with my wide eyes fall over onto a bumper of a car. The man grunts in excruciating pain. I jump onto my own two feet, and charge toward him.

The Summer breeze slams against my skin, as I focus on the man on the ground - his pained expression facing me.

He attempts crawling away, hurriedly, but fails miserably. Fast, I approach him, and deliberately crawl over him.

Above his injured frame, I clutch onto his hair - his inclined tall figure between either of my legs as he lies on his stomach. Instantly, I snake my arms around his whole neck...and squeeze without hesitation.

I tighten the firm and grave grasp I claim on him, the sound of his faint and struggled breaths causing my pulse to race viscously - but my stomach to plummet.

Then, a shadow casts over our bodies. And before I even receive the chance to glance up, a gunshot sounds before me, before thick liquid splatters onto my face.

I take in a frantic breath, when my arms unwrap my targets pulseless neck. His head rests on the ground now, when I blink up to meet a familiar set of flashing irises.

Standing over me, Rio lowers a dark pistol in his dominant grip, his clouded dark eyes are blazing as they latch onto my own.

He reaches out a hand to help me up, and I accept his gesture. Pulled up for my chest to contact his own, I watch him with a narrowed glare.

But now closer to his taller frame, my eyes scan across the puny smudge of blood upon his cheek, a small bruise canvased around his eye - my face softens abundantly. And just when my lips part to question what happened, he speaks first.

"You didn't have to do that." He states, his tone domineering, and in turn my brows furrow in confusion.

"Guns only, darlin'. Not your hands, only when you have to." He says lowly, glancing down to the gun in my hand, grasping onto my other hand while doing so.

An almost unrecognizable emotion flickers across his slightly beaten face, before I shortly acknowledge the sight of bold gallantry.

He's got so much respect for me...

My heart hammers in my chest, as the adrenaline surges, and I send an understanding nod. I feel his thumb graze my hand in his, when his full lips part.

"Lets get inside. We're done out here. Try staying behind the others, we don't know what'll be waitin' on us when we head in." He orders, his dark eyes glinting gallantly under the light poles aligning the lot.

I allow for his hand to slip from mine, as he takes lead, and I follow behind.

I cock my gun, as we crouch and hurry toward the grand hotel doors. Once we reach it, we halt. I glance over Liki's Asian frame, one of our boys, who showcases excited movements as he can't be still.

"Liki, why did we stop? I can't see." I whisper to him.

He turns his head, glancing at me. "We have come to a stop, because we are all charging in at once. And how come you cannot see?" He whispers formally.

"You won't stop bouncing..." I pipe, just before the line starts to move. I watch Liki shake his head, before I avert my attention ahead - following the gang as I'm the last one behind.

The grand double hotel doors are pushed open, and we rush in - it seems we all stand upright as we aim our guns ahead of us.

But the lights in the lobby are off, I realize. And suddenly, I bump into a hard figure in front of me, and collapse. Maybe it was Liki, but when the bright lights finally flicker on, I come to a firm stand, and still don't gain acknowledgement as to who it was I bumped into - but shortly realize why everyone ahead stopped in their tracks.

Only inches away from Rio, our gang standing firmly behind, stands the rest of the targeting gang; armed as their own guns point toward any of us.

I don't know if this is the rest of our targets, if the dozen standing before us is all that's left for us to kill - but we don't lower our guns.

They can't see me, as my slightly shorter frame stands behind our people, but I can merely scan across the lobby by my observant irises - and see each of their alert figures.

And before anyone can move a muscle, a low chuckle sounds, echoing across the marbled flooring.

My heart races, gravely.

I clench my jaw, tightening the grip on my aiming gun.

"Well, what have we got here?" The masculine voice begins. I try to peer over the broad set of shoulders surrounding me, to locate the voice, but only gaze across unmoving lips of the targeting gang.

"I see you all decided to strike for us a bit earlier than we imagined..." He adds, and my blood rushes when the all too familiar voice continues.

"Lets just cut to the chase, shall we? So," too suddenly, the sound of a set of hands clasping together causes me to jump, slightly. "Who killed our boy? Who shot Gervani?" He drags, curiosity hinted in his low tone.

Something tight curls around my throat, when I don't even contain the sliver of thought to glance around the room - for this was my doing. And the gangster's. But he already lied for me once.

I release the cool breath I didn't know I held, lowering my golden gun, and I step up myself.

And then, the truth spills from my own tongue, as I raise my hand.

"I did. It was me." I shout.

---

Thank you so much for reading and thank you to those that vote! Love you guys and good night!!!!!

God loves you! I'll be updating again tomorrow, I intend!
Lots of love,

xx