41

Victoria

I can't move.

I can't see. From the dark fabric that's blocking my view, for my eyesight to gather only blackness, an uncanny darkness still mixes with the confusion in my gut.

Who did this?!

Someone took me....

Why?!

I struggle moving around my wrists, but they seem to be tied - some rough material tight against my hot skin. And I'm seated in a hard chair, I feel. The only sound to pound in my ears is the incessant hammer of my heart.

But I'm anything but afraid. I'm angry. Angry at the fact that I was taken just when everything was...perfect. We were content. And I just got engaged! SO WHO ON EARTH WOULD TAKE ME?! WHAT DID I DO?!

Suddenly there's a squeak, coming from nearby. It sounds like a door opening.

I swallow, clenching my perspiring palms that are slick with sweat.

All I see, still, is black.

That is, until a forceful tug is acted out on the dark material hovering my face. Watching the black cloth being thrown onto the floor, my breathing exceeds once I catch my breath.

Then I face ahead. Meeting the familiar, inscrutable dark brown irises of Isaiah. Darkness consumes me.

I clench my jaw hard, glaring at the tall enemy who steadies on my gaze with perceptive eyes beneath his black and ruffled hair.

Isaiah's arched brows escalate. "Hello again." He starts, his raw tone sending chills down my spine. I swallow again, hard - my light brown irises sparking a lethal flame.

"What do you think you're doing?" I spit, "You took me?!"

Isaiah's lips purse, before they cryptically quirk up. And just like our last encounter, trouble radiates off of him.

He brings a hand up to run it through his ruffled hair, his curved lips releasing a small chuckle - a cold one.

"Relax, Princess. You're not in harm's way. This is just a little..." his husky tone is relaxed, while he scratches the back of his neck - his black V-neck shirt clinging onto the muscles in his arms. I watch Isaiah shrug, carelessly. "Bait. I guess you're just bait." He chuckles sickly, his bright teeth soon showcasing.

My blood begins to boil. My brows furrow in his direction. "What do you mean bait?" I ask abruptly, watching him search my gaze from where he claims ground across the room.

The room is quite small, desolate, even. With one armchair embellished in the corner of the dull walls, the ceiling light casts down on our two figures.

And just like last time, Isaiah's voice and my own are the only one's to hang in the thick air.

I remember how I pondered on his recognition of me, and if he ever remembered our past encounter before the grand hotel - when he was just a seemingly innocent guy with a bow tie to show up at my door with strawberries.

That curiosity has far abandoned my veins. That guy in my memory wasn't even the one that stands before me now. No, for this one is darker. Mysterious. Dangerous.

"You see," His deep voice tears me from my thoughts, my shoulders tensing slightly when he starts in his deliberate steps toward me, "what went down back at East Wayward... now that just wasn't fair." He frowns, leaning down to align with my grave gaze.