2

Victoria

The large duffle bag slides across the wooden floor only to land just inches from my heel. I glance down, with my golden gun still in hand, and examine the open bag; a mountain of green peeking out from the open zipper.

It's got to be at least $100,000 - if not more. And it's all what was stolen from the gangster.

I flick my brown irises up to my target once more, his frantic eyes watching me carefully. "Is this it? Is this everything?" I question him, keeping my aim adjusted before his eyes. In turn, the man nods hurriedly.

I watch him pitifully. "Why'd you take it?"

He answers, within heavy and rugged breaths; "Because I could. Because I wanted to. I needed the money."

A humorless laugh escapes my lips. "What, you needed the money to travel to Puerto Rico to visit a strip club? To gawk at females..." I glance down to his shaking hand, spotting the golden band on his ring finger. "While your wife's at home waiting?" I spit, and shake my head watching my target with disgust.

Keeping the golden gun in my grasp, I squat down to quickly rummage through the cash, my fingertips scanning across the money quick but observantly. I straighten in my tight black dress, coming to a firm stand.

"Don't move a muscle." I warn, bending over when my steady gaze doesn't release his own, gathering the duffle bag in my grasp. I begin in careful steps as I walk toward the thick black curtain that leads out into the desolate corridor, pacing backwardly in my firm steps.

With either of my hands full, I watch my target begin shifting on the mattress I threw him on; presumably preparing to stand. I clench onto my golden gun harder, and my heart begins to hammer. If he moves, I have to shoot him. I'll have no other choice.

"I said don't move." I say through gritted teeth, keeping my aim adjusted just where it has to be. My target sits himself up anyway, pushing himself off of the filthy mattress's surface.

"Stay back!" I raise my tone. The hammer of the gun is already pulled back. The propellant is already ignited. Now all I have to do is pull the trigger.

Just pull it.

I watch him come to a firm stand, starting in his steps to hop onto the wooden floor. I can do it. I must.

Just pull it.

And before I know it, my target charges toward me, his perspiring figure nearing me like a vigorous bull. Instantly, I drop the heavy duffle bag onto the hard floor, and my free hand enwraps my other on the smooth handle of my gun. He's only feet away, merely. My steady finger presses down on the trigger full force, and I jump at the alerting sound of the gunshot.

Along with another - but I only pulled the trigger once.

As the man trembles onto the wooden floor, from two gunshots, I quickly spin on my heels. Behind me, and standing underneath the doorframe, is Rio. A gun is lowered in his firm grasp. His dark, deep brown irises latch onto my own.

I find my breathing increased, my heart rapidly wild. The gangster's hard jaw is hardened, clenched.

"He must be crazy, chargin' at a woman like that." Rio starts, huskily. In turn, my lips twitch, and my heart fails at taming it's dangerous speed.

The golden gun slips from my hand, and I'm not released by the gangster's gallant gaze, not yet. I run to him. And before I can blink again my arms wrap around him before I crash into his hard figure, as I contain my increased breathing against his taller frame.

I'm showered in his masculine, fresh scent of light cologne. Then, within a sliver of a second I feel his warm arms pull me closer to him.

I close my eyes blissfully, resting my head on his warm chest. The gangster's strong arms snake around me, and one of his hands firmly grip the side of my waist. I look up to lock onto his chocolate brown irises.

His gaze is blazing, burning into my own. "Let's get home." He says lowly against me. "We got a lot to return to, darlin'." Rio's full lips tug upward the moment my eyes flick down to linger on them.

Teasingly, the gangster leans into me, nearing my face. I catch the sight of his tongue sweeping across his full lips, deliberately.

His warm touch on my lower back sends an galvanizing surge through every vein. And his longing irises examine my face a moment, just before his deep brown eyes settle on my lips.

My hand reaches to brush against his arm, covered by the long sleeved button down shirt he vestures, and I caress him - careless of our agreement days ago; strictly business.

Because I still find myself wanting him.

Rio tugs at his own bottom lip from his perfect teeth - sending a heat wave down my spine.

Stop.

I watch the tall gangster then bite down on his lip, as he watches me intently - when his dark eyes flick up to latch onto mine.

No, don't stop.

He trails his warm hands down my back - lower and lower. I quickly bite down on my lip; suppressing that threatening moan.

"You think it's difficult now, to avoid it all, just wait until we're on that plane headin' back home." Rio concludes huskily, his tone low.

I allow for a soft breath to be inhaled, seconds before he captivates my lips in his - and I'm unable to breathe from the current breath that is now held. He kisses me passionately, his hard chest pressed against mine, and I kiss him back the entire time I'm engulfed in his inevitable warmth.

---

Thank you so much for reading! Love you all a bunch!

Much, much love.

xx