36: inter-high preliminaries

wednesday, the nineteenth of march, 2013
     sendai city gymnasium
     happy 1k votes!!!

     If it was even possible, the gymnasium was even bigger than before. ...Well, it seemed like it, anyway.

     There were tonnes more people than before. Quite a few of them were sporting different shades of purple, showing their support for your school. In fact, most people here were cheering for you.

     Your whole school was here too. It wasn't like Kitagawa Daiichi, where half the school came and half didn't - no, everyone wanted to show their support. It made you very proud to be apart of them.

     As you all walked into the gymnasium, you were instantly greeted by the masses of people cheering for your school, and the big, loud drum coming from your school band that had also come to cheer. The cheerleaders, dressed in purple and white, flung the pom-poms enthusiastically into the air, while everyone clanged their megaphones and bottles together to make even more noise.

     If you were apart of the other team, you'd be terrified.

     "Shiratorizawa! Shiratorizawa! Shiratorizawa! Shiratorizawa!"

     Shortly after the yells of the crowd was an epic (😤👌) drum solo, Kakugawa began their chant. It wasn't anywhere near as loud as Shiratorizawa's, but you felt intimidated nonetheless.

     Their female team was huge. Well, a few of them were. In height, I mean. God, their #3 looked over six foot! Which, of course, is ok if you're over six foot, but this girl was a Japanese girl, and she had the face of a little kid. In other words, she looked like that picture of the girl from DDLC saying 'square up, thot'.

     You snorted. Square up, thot.

     The crowd went wild as the referee blew the whistle for everyone to get into positions. As your team made their way onto the court, Matsuda turned around to give everyone a word of advice.

     "This is the first round of the preliminaries," she began, bending her knees into a squatting position, "so we can't lose."

     Alisa nodded. "Obviously."

     Matsuda continued, "give it all you've got. We can scare them. I know it. They're tall, but they don't look that strong."

     Alisa nodded again. "Let's get this bread."

     Reina, behind Alisa, chirped, "If you keep nodding like that, you'll get whiplash."

     Alisa feverishly nodded for the third time. "That's fun. That's good. Whiplash."

     Sighing at their stupidity, you turned around and walked to your position, which was next to Megumi. She elbowed you as you waited for the whistle, saying, "Bite the dust, Killer Queen."

     You smiled. "Bus?"

     "Bus."

The whistle blew, and everyone's hearts began racing. You could feel the adrenaline pumping through you as the opposite team's server hit the ball towards your side of the net. Mentally, you let out an 'oompf' of victory as Megumi successfully received the ball and sent it towards Alisa. Alisa, with her silver hair falling out of her bun and around her face, winked to Reina as she set the ball to her. Reina winked back and smacked the ball, sending it to the other side of the net.

The Libero caught it, however it just flew back to your side of the net, causing a Chance Ball.

"Chance ball!" Yelled Matsuda, stating the obvious. You really had no idea why they yelled these things out in matches.