33: reon and semi do not like hentai

tuesday, the eleventh of march, 2013
shiratorizawa

Ushijima could think of numerous people who'd looked at (name) the same way he did. For example:

- Kuroo Tetsurō. Before he'd set his eyes on
Megumi, of course.
- Oikawa Tooru. Everyone was aware of
Oikawa's past feelings.
- Tendou Satori. Even though he might not
show it, Tendou liked (name). Ushijima
had been friends with Tendou for long
enough to know that.
     - Daichi Sawamura. It was obvious by
       looking at the way he spoke to you.
- And, of course, himself.

But this list meant that he had to compete with four other people for the heart of (name). It could be easy, considering his talent and his intelligence, but (name) looks like she doesn't care about love. In short, it might not be getting the others out of the way that's difficult, it was getting (name) to love someone that would be hard.

——

"Nice kill, (name)-chan!"

"Thank you!"

It was after school at this current moment, and you were all having another practice match between yourselves. And even though it had only been a week since you'd all joined Shiratorizawa, it was as though your team had been together for your whole lives.

A big difference from Kitagawa Daiichi, you supposed.

"(Name)-chan, can I set a bit slower this time? I want to try something," quietly said Alisa, not letting the other team know. "Tempo."

You nodded. "Not too slow, though. I'm a very fast person." You were not a fast person.

"It's not going to be, like, really slow, I don't think," the silver-haired setter continued, "but it most definitely is not going to be fast." Alisa nodded as some sort of signal to you as she walked away to the court. You soon joined everyone on the court, getting into position while pondering about what speed you should jump at.

     With a blow of the whistle, Chiharu jumped up and served the ball. It hit the forearms of a girl on the other side of the net, and was sent over to their setter. Their setter set the ball and the ace hit it, but the spike was received by Megumi. Megumi sent the ball to Alisa, who nodded to you. You nodded back. It felt like some sort of secret language.

Somehow you knew not to jump at the speed you normally went at. Instead, you waited half a second longer before taking your time to leap up into the air and to get into position. Alisa set the ball a moment before you jumped so that once you were at your maximum, the ball was in place. With a great big slam of your hand (and a great big crack of your elbow or shoulder), you spiked the ball down onto the other side of the court, scoring your team yet another point. It would only take a few more points to overtake the other side point-wise, so you all started working harder than before.

     Alisa didn't set the ball like that to you until you were one point away from winning the first set. Once again, it was slower than usual, and immediately scored you the point. However the other team ended up winning the match, but there weren't any hard feelings.

     In fact, Chiharu came up to you and kicked you in the shin while laughing. As a joke, of course. She liked to make jokes like that, without having the slightest idea of whether the person took it as a joke or not.

     Chiharu was also a good source of intel. She knew everything about Mary and her plans to foil you (as, apparently, she was a cousin of someone who went there) and also about Aoba Johsai's female team, or, more specifically, Aoi.