26: friends in tokyo

thursday, the seventh of march, 2013
     nekoma high school, tokyo
     why has this got 10k reads??

Tokyo was quite a while away. The trip, by bus, was four hours long, and everyone had gotten really fed up after about half an hour. And so, for around three and a half hours, you were forced to put up with constant whining from Tendou (who was 'conveniently' sat behind you) and Alisa's very loud Russian hardbass that you could hear even though she was sat at the back of the bus.

On top of all that, Tendou was kicking your chair.

"Tendou, please stop," you begged him, craning your neck as far as it could go. "Please stop kicking my chair."

Tendou huffed, not even having the will to smirk and make another joke. "No."

     "Screw you then." You turned to Megumi. "Megumi, how long left? I don't think I can cope with this anymore."

     Megumi opened her phone, which had a picture of BTS as the lock screen, and read the time. "We should be here by now, if we left at nine."

     You nodded and looked out the window, and lo and behold! A big sign that said 'NEKOMA' in big, red and bold letters. It was around half past one, and the students' lunch had just begun. The match would start in an hour's time.

     There was an abundance of red-clad students walking around and a few even made some odd gestures towards the minibus. A few even began talking about your school once they'd read the name on the side.

    Nekoma itself looked very posh; two rows of neatly cut trees lined the gravel path coming from the gate entrance, and the white paint on the school building had no dirt or mould whatsoever. And from what you'd seen, all of the students wore their uniforms correctly.

     The minibus parked outside one of their gyms, where a man you presumed was their coach was waiting. He looked kind, in a way, because the corners of his eyes creased as he watched the bus park with a smile. I have no idea why he'd smile at a bus though, let alone the school which would most probably take his down.

     "Good afternoon, Shiratorizawa," he greeted, moving to shake hands with Coach Washijo, "it's a pleasure to meet you all, and it's nice to see you again, Tanji."

     Coach Washijo, with his usual stern expression, shook the coach's hand. "Likewise, Yasufumi."

     Nekoma's coach turned to all of you with a gentle expression. He bowed down out of respect and looked all of you in the eye individually, hesitating slightly when he saw you and Ushijima. "And good afternoon to all of you. My name is Coach Nekomata."

     All of you greeted him back, and watched as Nekomata turned back to Coach Washijo. They talked quietly for a bit while everyone else just awkwardly stood there. Suddenly, a boy came up behind Nekomata and tapped him on the shoulder.

     "Coach Nekomata," he began, with a smirk on his face, "is this Shiratorizawa?"

     Nekomata nodded, not noticing the odd expression of the lad behind him. This boy had a very weird looking hairstyle, you noticed, which appeared as though he'd never brushed his hair before.

     It's like two ends of the scale. Oikawa, with his hair constantly hairsprayed in place, and this kid, with no care for his hairstyle whatsoever.

     He began to survey the whole line, again, stopping at you. He gasped quietly and made his way over.

     "You aren't the Killer Queen, are you?" He whispered, as if it was some sort of major secret. "I heard about you from my friend Oikawa."