17: oikawa and iwaizumi

friday, the eleventh of june, 2012
     a random hallway

in oikawa's pov

"Besides, I have something I'd like to tell you..."

Oikawa just nodded and let Iwaizumi take him elsewhere. He looked back confusedly at (name) who was still standing where she was when he had that argument with the Miya twins. (Name) smiled nervously as she watched Iwaizumi's arm around Oikawa. And for some reason, Oikawa didn't have a problem with Iwaizumi's arm. In fact, he didn't mind at all.

     Of course, the only thoughts in Oikawa's mind we're 'that's gay' but Oikawa didn't really care at this point. He was still waiting for his anger at the Miya twins to sizzle down before he felt anything else.

     Iwaizumi stopped when he was a considerable distance away from the court and everyone else. He was positive that nobody would look this far into the gym, and nobody would really stray this far anyway. Iwaizumi let out a sigh of relief, but also a sigh of slight fear. Oikawa noticed that his arm had began to shake.

     He didn't take it away from Oikawa's shoulders, though.

     This was when Oikawa thought that something was up. Something wasn't right. His heart began to pound a bit; what if Iwaizumi had something important to say? What if they didn't end up being friends again after this point?

     Most importantly, what about (name)?

     "Oikawa," began Iwaizumi, his cheeks red, "I've known you for a long time. Ten years, to be exact."

     "Right!" Chimed Oikawa, trying to break the awkward tension, "right, yes! It was at my dog's funeral. For some reason, you were invited."

     Iwaizumi didn't laugh at the funny story. "Yes. And... you consider us... close friends, don't you?"

     Iwaizumi, if possible, began to shake even more. Oikawa nodded. "Best friends, really, Iwa-chan!"

     The Filipino boy went even redder than before. His eyebrows furrowed in frustration. "Like... close friends? Best friends?"

     "Yes. I thought that was obvious, Iwa-chan."

     "But, Oikawa..."

     "Yes?"

     "I... I don't..."

     "Iwaizumi, I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore, but please, just tell me what-"

     "I like you, alright?!"

The silence almost killed Iwaizumi there and then. Neither of the boys moved, spoke or looked at anything else but the floor.

But then, Oikawa decided to speak up. "Like... you like-like me?"

"Yes. Like that. I'm sorry."

"Like-like-like me?"

"Oikawa, look, I'm sorry-"

"No, no, Iwaizumi." Oikawa never said Iwaizumi. "It's fine. I just... I'll need a little bit of time to think about it."

"I know, I know," replied Iwaizumi, not making any eye contact whatsoever with Oikawa, "And I do too, to be honest."

"Right."

Iwaizumi began to solemnly walk away, but Oikawa stopped him.

"Iwa-chan."

Iwaizumi turned around and looked at Oikawa's rough hand on his arm. He then looked back up at Oikawa's beautiful eyes.