Chapter 23 - Care and Excitement

Zayna POV

"Baby, Are you okay?" I asked Zarif who is on the other side of the phone. 

"I'm Fine baby. *Cough* it's just my throat is paining." he said coughing again.

"No you are not Fine. come home now." i ordered. his voice has changed bcoz he caught cold yesterday ni8 and he was sneezing all ni8.

"No baby. i have too much things to handle. okay i'll talk to you later. bye. Love you Sweetheart." He said and cut the call without even hearing my reply. 

"Such a stupid he is....

Aahaan..! i got an idea." i talked to myself. i searched uncle's(Zarif's Dad) Contact on my phone and dialed the number.

Assalamu Alaikkum child. ~Uncle

Wa Alaikkum salam wrwb Uncle. How are you? ~Me

Alhamdhulillah and you child? ~Uncle

Alhamdhulillah Uncle. Umm.. Uncle can you please do me a favour please? ~Me

Sure ma(it's just a sign of calling someone with care and Love) ~Uncle

Can you please send Zarif home. He is not feeling well. I told him to come home but he refused saying that he have too much work. But you can send him home as you know he respects your words.~Me

Sure ma. I knew he was not doing good. And I told him to leave and take rest. But he didn't listened to me. Okay ma, I'll send him home as soon as possible. ~uncle

Thanks Uncle. Take care. Allah Hafiz. ~Me

Allah Hafiz and take care of you too, child. ~ Uncle said and hung up. After that I was waiting for him for ½ an hour but still he is not back. So I thought of making soup for him and serve hot when he arrives. I went to kitchen and started making soup. It took 10 mins to finish the soup as I worked slowly just to keep the soup fresh and hot till he Arrive. And at the ri8 time, the bell rang. I went and opened the door to see my husband.

"Assalamu alaikum wrwb baby." I said and he came inside with a reply "wa alaikum Salam wrwb." He went to the room to freshen up. I too went behind him taking a bowl full of soup with me. As I entered the room, I saw him laying on the bed with his eyes closed.

"Zarif. Are you alright? " I asked but no response. I went near him and placed the soup on the side table. I sat next to him.

"Maybe he is tired" I said to myself and bend down to kiss him. When my lips touched his forehead, it felt hot.

"Ya Allah. Zarif, you are burning." I said and touched his forehead,  cheeks and neck to check the the temperature. Indeed he is having fever. Immediately I called our family doctor and he came in 10 mins as he is just 10 mins away from here. He checked him, put on some injection, wrote down some medication and left by saying it's just a normal fever bcoz of the climate change. I went to Zarif and kissed his forehead once more and left the apartment to buy the medicine. I returned back in 7 mins as the pharmacy is In the opposite building. I went to check on him and still he was unconscious. Then I made my way to kitchen and did 3 more varieties of soup for Zarif bcoz maybe he would get bored by intaking single soup. I finished my work and went back to check Zarif. He was still unconscious so I laid down next to him and hugged him ti8ly like my life depends on him, I kept my head on the crook of his neck and inhaled his scent.

"I don't know why, How and when I fell for you. Maybe your ignorance for a month made me fall for you so hard. Or maybe I have some feelings from the beginning which I didn't noticed. Only Allah (SWT) knows what happened in my heart." I said to my unconscious husband. I slowly caressed his cheeks with my hand.