chapter 5 - Torture begins

Zayna POV 

i can't see anything. it's dark everywhere. only the moon is shining brightly.

where am I ? i can't recognize any thing near me. suddenly i felt someones hand on my shoulder. i turn to see who is that. there stood someone. i can't see the face bcoz of darkness. but i can guess that he is a man.

"who are you?" i asked and took three step back.

"don't be afraid. i will never hurt you." he said and came three steps forward.

"i asked WHO ARE YOU?" i shouted. suddenly the man caught my hand 

"Don't raise your voice against me.. come with me NOW" he shouted the last part and started dragging me with him. i removed my hands and started running. the man started chasing me. and suddenly i slipped and fell down. i got up and was about to run.

"you can't run away from me baby. you are mine and will always be mine." he caught my hands and Dragged me with him.

"Nooooo."

"Zayna. Zayna. Wake up." i heard someones voice and opened my eyes.

"what happen? why were you shouting ?" my mom asked me.

"Nothing mom.. Just a bad dream" i said, to which my mom nodded her head.

"don't be late. come fast. its only your 2nd day of college" my mom said and i nodded my head. Thank Allah. it was just a dream.

"and wafiqa told me that she has some important work. so hurry up." my mom said and left my room. i went to my bathroom and took a quick shower and changed into a black jean and a red top. i wore my abhaya and hijab. i took my bag and went out. i went to the kitchen and took a juice bottle and went to the living room.

"Mom. i don't want breakfast. i will manage with a juice. Assalamu alaikkum" i said to my mom and went to the car where wafiqa and Zainab is waiting for me.

"sorry guys. i slept for too long. i will be ready on correct time from tommorow" i said

"No no. its my mistake bcoz i have some important things to do in college" wafiqa said 

"ok lets go uncle." zainab said and the driver uncle started the car and within 15 mins we reached the college. we got out of the car and started walking.

"hey wafiqa and zainab. i have shuttle practice from today. if you want to wait you can wait. if you don't want then you can leave and tell the driver uncle to pick me up later" i said to both of them.

"i will wait for you Zayna" Zainab said. "Yeah. me too. i will also wait for you" wafiqa said to which i nodded and we trio left to our respective classes.

i went to my class and found no one there bcoz its too early. so i went out to have a look. my class is in 3rd floor so i can see the whole view of my college from here. i was looking around when someone caught my attention. i looked at that person and noticed that the person is Zarif, my senior. he was looking at me without blinking his eyes. whats going on? i thought. i went back to my class and started hearing my favorite song with my eyes closed. after 10 mins. suddenly i felt something weird. i opened my eyes and was taken aback. that Zarif boy is sitting infront of me.

"who are you?" i asked while i removed my headphones 

"i am Zarif. don't you remember me? yesterday. medal. and all." he said 

"so. what do you want?" i asked him

"your forgiveness." he said and i raised my eyebrows like 'for what'