Warning!

Hey everyone, sorry for the random update- but I have some important information that may impact those of you who read/write here on Wattpad!

A few days ago I received a message from this random account. I've received my fair share of random messages (and amazing ones, thanks for reaching out!), but this one was REALLY sketchy...

An account by the name sofanovel106 asked me if I was interested in posting this novel, Alpha Raptor, to their platform.

Now of course, I thought that this was a scam (it totally is, but we'll get to that) so I decided to investigate this a little further.

Apparently there is this "up and coming" (I use the term very loosely) platform called Sofa Novel, a website where readers can read free stories. While there are stories on the platform to read, most hit a pay wall after a couple of chapters (around 7 or 8).

Sketchy, right?

Don't worry, there's more. Their 'about us' page is empty, their Terms of Service is vague and confusing, and there's no way for users to create and publish their own novels.

This really concerned me, so I decided to do some more digging.

From what I could gather, this platform, Sofa Novel, is a Wattpad clone that is trying to build it's foundations as a competitor. Now there may be some truth to it, but to me it seems like they're trying to snipe 'large' stories from the platform and move it to theirs.

So if you are an author here on Wattpad, or an avid reader on here:

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ACCOUNTS LIKE THIS!

DON'T LET THEM HAVE YOUR STORIES!

and most of all,

REPORT THEM!

As of writing this, I have reported the account to Wattpad as a Terms of Service violation and to get it the hell off this website.

Now Wattpad may have it's flaws, every website does, but this platform provides an opportunity for writers like me to share a story like this with readers like you.

I love this story and those of you who have read it or the sequel, so there is no way that I am jeopardizing that with something like Sofa Novel.

So please, keep an eye out for things like this and stay safe on here and out there. I love all of you and will kick the asses of whoever threaten you.

-ashandhayes