Extra: "Soup and Guac?"

This is a one shot requested by a reader (chose to remain anonymous) so here is a blurb into our little Owess couple (before the incident?)

===•===

I totally called it.

Being sick, that is.

I always knew I would get sick around this time of year, it was imprinted into my brain. I should have just taken the damn vitamins my doctor told me to. I just wish I-

"Tess!"

I groaned rather loudly, grabbing the blanket that was spread across my lap and pulled it over my head. I laid back and curled into a ball. If the Velociraptors could hide from Owen easily, so could I.

"Tess." Owen held the note out longer, becoming more annoying by the second. I curled up even more, basically blending into the brown couch- I was basically a chameleon in the jungle, camouflaged from my predator-

"Tess. Hiding under a bright green blanket on a dark couch will not camouflage you." Owen spoke suddenly, sitting down on the couch to the left of me. I growled, curling up the most I could.

"I'm not camouflaging." Owen sighed and shifted a bit. I heard a pop and a crack.

I moved the edge of the blanket off of my face, allowing myself to see what Owen was up to. He had a small smile on his face and a box lid tucked under his arm. He pulled up a small box shape that had a familiar color and variety of vegetables inside.

"Chicken soup? Really?" I asked, sitting up fully. Owen glanced over at me then back at the soup.

"Oh and now she exists." Owen replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes as I tucked a section of my untamed hair behind my ear.

Owen moved the box down between his boot covered feet as I shifted to sit cross legged on our couch. I grabbed the soup from his hand as he pulled a spoon out of the small box.

"Thanks Alpha." I said with a shy smile, leaning my back slightly onto Owen.

"You're welcome Beta." Owen grabbed a small box from the box and a big box after that.

"What's that?" I questioned, taking a huge bite of the chicken soup.

"My version of 'get well' food. Gena made you soup, Palmer made me guac." He pulled the small plastic box open, revealing a small amount of guacamole. The other box had some chips in it, covered with some sort of spice.

"You're not even sick!" I exclaimed, reaching for the guacamole. Owen growled, moving the box out of my reach.

"I'm sick!" He exclaimed rather boastfully, "I have a major case of 'Pain-In-The-Ass'. The origin of the pain? Tess Williams."

I growled angrily, narrowing my eyes towards him as my eyebrows knit together.

"Screw you." I said, mentally picturing myself snarling like a raptor.

Owen's eyes focused onto me, making me feel awkward. The mood turned awkward, and so did his reaction. I took the awkward silence as cue to just eat my damn soup. After I took a bite of the soup (which honestly tasted like the cafeteria's stuff), I set the soup down.

"You would." Owen replied moments later. I glanced back towards him, resisting the urge to laugh at him. I wanted him to still feel that awkwardness.

When I couldn't stand it anymore, I laughed so hard my stomach burned as my eyes watered. Owen paused mid-chip, looking at me with concerned eyes.

"Oh my god that was so damn awkward," I laughed out, setting my soup on the side table next to our couch. "Your face was like- what? And my face was like- oh god."

I threw my head back, laying it on the back of the couch as I continued to cackle. Once I was finished laughing like a complete crack-head, I shifted to lay on Owen's side.

"You are weird as hell," He said quietly, finishing a new chip.

"Well, I try my hardest." I replied. Owen grabbed a chip and dunked it into the guacamole then held it in front of me. I smiled softly and took the chip before eating it.

"Thanks Owen," I said after finishing the chip, "I love you."

Owen laughed lowly, eating another chip.

"Ditto." I punched him gently in the arm.

"Alright I love you too."

"Good."

Owen set the guacamole down, turning towards me. I looked over at him as he looked over at my soup.

"By the way, Gena didn't make the soup." I pulled the blanket over my legs.

"Yeah, I kinda figured that out."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this quick oneshot/extra. I would have written it earlier, only I haven't had the time. Enjoy this oneshot! I will try to write another before the year is up (oh hey, it's 0new years eve... oh.)

lots of love,

-ashandhayes (the velociraptor who needs help)