seventeen

"They cleared out the lab.." Claire muttered as we stood there, panting. I was seriously about to slap her upside the head. Running wasn't my strong suit at the moment, yet it was my only choice.

"No shit sherlock." I smacked my sister's arm, instantly silencing her. I saw a crack in the white square walls, in which a blue light casted on the ground. I took a unsteady step forward.

"Look over there," I pointed towards the crack. Owen narrowed his eyes. "Did that exist before?"

"And they have a secret door! What's next? A hidden elevator behind a bookshelf?" I rolled my eyes.

"Not the time Sam." I made way towards the secret room, while the other five followed. The room was cover in a great amount of technology; ranging from microscopes up to DNA replicators and skin-graphs.

"Look at that." Owen started to walk forward, passing by me as the corner his gun bumping into the wound on my leg. I yelped, but covered my mouth to quiet it. He just glanced over, then returned to the animal.

"Tess, you sure you're okay?" Sam asked as she got close. I nodded, pushing her away. She just walked next to Zach, looking over his shoulder at a chameleon. I grabbed the sleeve of my shirt, tearing off my sleeve completely.

"What are these even fo-" I heard a slam behind us. I jumped in the air, smacking my thigh against the table. I spat some colorful language as I groaned. I shakily started to tie the cloth.

"Well, Well, Well, look who we got here." I glanced behind me, seeing Vic walk into the room. I tugged the knot a little to tight, that little shit is gonna get i-

"Vic." I muttered, watching the man as he walked towards us. I glanced behind him only to see a computer behind him.

"It's not even a real dinosaur..." Gray took a step back, I glanced over towards the small kid.

"No it isn't kid," the man took turned a bit, smiling as he strode. "None of these creatures are, all we have been doing is filling holes in their DNA."

"You're a sad man, you know that?" I limped forward, standing only inches in from of him. He chuckled, looking me in the eyes.

"I'm the sad one here?" he scoffed, walking past me towards a cabinet. "I see potential with your raptors, with the other dinosaurs! Imagine them replacing service dogs, dinosaurs going in, finding the enemy, and eliminating them. I have a vision, and it's going to happen with or without you."

I took a step, spitting in his face. "You and your damn vision are going to end up as dinosaur shit in the morning."

In a split second he grabbed my arm, spinning me around until I was in a choke hold. His hand pushed into my voice box hard and a gun made its way to my head. I felt my heart beating in my chest as I saw the group behind me were frozen, and Owen had his hand out.

"You had to tick him off Tess!" Sam exclaimed, holding onto Zach tightly. I felt my breathing coming out in short breaths as his grip tightened. He moved the gun from my head to the spot just above my thigh.

"If you want Tess to live, you will do as I say, got it?" he asked towards the group. Everyone was quiet.

"Got it?!" he yelled, moving the tip of the barrel into the wound. I screamed loudly, feeling the metal pushing deeper and deeper. I was trembling in his hands, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Yes!" Claire, Zach, and Sam exclaimed. I saw Gray was gripping onto Sam's hand tightly.

"Good." he released the barrel. I panted, trying to get air into my lungs. I saw Owen take a step forward.