twenty five

I got out of my car with a sigh. I was exhausted, too tired to even think. Today was hard because I had to find something to do, so I chose to stick with Emily. She had to patch up a injured gallimimus.

I walked up the steps of the bungalow walking in, taking off my boots at the door. Once I was in my socks, I walked into the small kitchenette to grab a water bottle. I took a sip, walking towards my bedroom for the day.

Tonight was Sam's going away party. She told the almost entire group a week ago at dinner, while I was eating ice cream with Ryder.

When I walked through the door, I jumped nearly three feet in the air. Owen was laying on the bed asleep. He still had on his pants, but his shirt was missing. His little snores filled my room.

"I'm not gonna question why you're here... I just want to sleep." I sat down, drinking a sip off water. I set it down, instantly falling down onto the bed. It was only five o'clock and I was exhausted.

I shimmed until I was in a comfortable position, my back was pressing against Owen's side, while my arms were folded under my neck.

"Beta.." I heard him mumble. I turned my tired eyes, seeing his eyes looking at me.

"Go back to sleep, sorry I woke you up." I saw him turn onto his side, laying an arm over my waist to tug me closer.

"It's okay." he muttered, his voice deep and soft. This was my first time seeing Owen all cuddly like this, which I do admit was really cute.

"So, Why my bungalow?" I asked softly, yawning a bit. I was worn out, tired from all the stuff Emily and I did earlier.

"They're remodeling mine." he laid his head on my shoulder, breathing next to my ear. I felt his large, warm breaths against my skin. I moved my right arm down to my waist, intertwining our hands.

"Okay." I felt my eyes growing heavy, as my breathing steadied itself.

"You know, I got a surprise for you and Sam." His voice rumbled in my ear, causing a sleepy smile to pull across my face.

"Is it cool?" I questioned, closing my eyes.

"Yeah." I could feel his heartbeat, it was slow and nice. I turned slightly, so I was laying on my back. I could still feel the warmth of his arm on my waist and his face on my neck.

"That's good." I grabbed his hand again, feeling safe and comfortable. Owen was the best person I have ever met on this damn island, and I could never lose him.

"Gamora." his voice was soft in my ear.

"What?" I asked, opening my one eye to look at him. He had his arms wrapped tight and his eyelashes rested on his cheeks.

"My favorite antihero is Gamora." His fingers started to rub circles in my sides.

"Why?" I asked, resting my cheek against his forehead. He chuckled softly.

"Green chicks are hot," I smiled, closing my eye once again. "That and she kicks ass."

"Mmm."

"Who's yours?" I felt my eyes growing heavier.

"Starlord." I murmered, licking my lips.

"Why?" I felt him shift a bit, snuggling closer. The fabric of his jeans pressed into my legs, feeling cold.

"Because he isn't 100% a dick." I smiled, turning towards Owen. I opened my eyes to look at him, keeping my legs between his.

"Mmm, am I 100% a dick?" I smiled, resting one of my hands on his shoulders.