twelve

"We have to get back to the island!" I exclaimed, looking at the smoke that was billowing from the helicopter crash. I felt so bad for the driver...

I was snapped out of my trance when the spiderman theme song played from my pocket, announcing I had a call. How the hell did I have service here?

"Hello?" I pressed it to my ear, watching Owen and Claire bickering in the bushes next to me.

"Tess!" I heard the familiar voice whisper. I furrowed my brows.

"Lowery?" I received a glance from Claire.

"Yes! There was an accident at the Av-"

"I know Lowery, I can see it clearly. Did Mr. Masrani authorize that chopper?" I stood up on my good leg, hobbling a couple feet away. I needed to have my knee checked pronto.

"No. A guy name Vic fro-"

"That bâstárd!" I grunted, pinching the bridge of my nose. "He's been trying to use the raptors as weapons for months. I bet he took this chance with the hybrid out to move in!"

"That's what he did. He and his team from InGen took control, so there is nothing I can do. I need you guys to get back to control, your position is only two miles north of the park."

"Got it. Please try to delay Vic as long as you can." I hung up, shoving my phone into my pocket once again. I turned only to jump.

"What the hell Owen!" I saw him narrow his eyes.

"I heard everything. I need to get you patched up." I rolled my eyes, walking past him to Claire. I needed to get this cut attended to, but I had other crap on my brain.

"We need to the park ASAP." I spoke, pulling her arm up so she was standing. She glanced down at my leg.

"Tess are you sure you're okay? You've lost alot of blood." I growled, my knee wasn't important at the moment!

"I'm fine! Lowery said we are two miles away from the park." I dusted off my shirt sleeve.

"Only two miles? So drove/ran about fourty miles already? Damn."

"Come on, we got to get going. If we run fast enough we can make it to the park in time." I said, looking south. We had to get there quickly.

"Let's go!" I spoke, taking the lead. I ran as fast as my hurt knee would let me, even though it hurt like a bitch. We had to get there soon.

"Tess what are you trying to do?" Owen asked, watching me as I stuck one of my hands into the captivity. I saw Blue first, trotting over on her small legs. She was a toddler, and she had barely started getting her teeth.

"Watch!" I exclaimed, holding my hand palm down. She walked over, pressing her snout into my hand. She was showing respect, and now I had to give respect. I trailed my hand from her neck to snout.

"Now you got their respect, what are you gonna show me?" I glanced at the man, seeing how excited he was. I smacked his shoulder repeatedly with my other arm, before shushing him up.

I held my palm out straight at the girl, causing her to cock her head. I smiled, grabbing the clicker in my pocket.

"Attack!" I exclaimed, looking at the raptor. She looked at me, then my hand. I shook it a little. "Attack."

In a swift motion, she jumped forward. Her little claws came in contact with my thumbpad, scratching -more like tickling- the skin. I saw her teeth meet the top of my hands, trying to bite off my fingers. It felt like she was knawing at my fingers, with her baby teeth that weren't sharp. It was cute.